Alliance Reunion

(Image not mine)

(One Year Later)

LUCY'S POV

"Come on, Susan!" I shook her arm in a very childlike manner, "This is the one time of year we might get a date!"

"I told you! I don't want to date any of those snobby princes." She shrugged me off and continued reading the documents in her hand.

"Not all of them are snobby," Y/n sat in an armchair to the left of Susan's desk, picking at something under her nail. "Remember that one prince, Xavian, I think his name was. He was nice."

"He was gay." I reminded her.

"Well, that won't work then."

"Most of the human countries and kingdoms don't even like Narnians." Susan reminded us with a sigh. "I can't date someone who doesn't like my people."

"You got lucky, Y/n." I turned to her and she looked up, "You and Edmund already rule the same country, you don't have to worry about political marriages."

"Woah," She blushed, "Who said anything about marriage?!"

"It's definitely a possibility." Susan grinned and gave her a look over her papers.

I could feel Y/n's discomfort from here. She wasn't looking at us anymore, she seemed to be sorting out thoughts in her head. I don't think she has ever really thought about marriage that seriously before.

"I for one hope to find a suitable man." I walked in circles around Susan's desk.

"Don't get me wrong, I would love to find an amazing guy, but it's hard to do when all they have in mind is politics."

I sighed, "I guess, maybe dating someone not involved in politics would be better."

"They're a bit hard to find at an Alliance Reunion." She scoffed.

I pouted and leaned on her desk, facing the window that Y/n sat by. Susan's study overlooked the bustling city that lay beneath Cair Paravel. The city was a hub of activity and trade, merchant ships filled the docks and the square was covered in brightly colored market stalls. Narnians filled the streets and conversed with one another, happy to finally be able to speak freely in Narnia. It was quite a sight, and I was very proud of us for managing to build an entire city under our rule. Of course, it couldn't be done without the help of the alliances we had made over the years. So far, eight other kingdoms and countries of various sizes have agreed to support us in exchange for various promises. These could be an aid in battle, opening of trade routes, resources, or even more fishing and hunting grounds. I suspected that those of them that hurriedly offered their alliance were mainly doing so because we were given the throne by Aslan himself, which is a bit intimidating.

Nevertheless, we made it a priority to form strong bonds with our alliances to ensure that they have our backs no matter what. That's why we had the annual "Alliance Reunion", to strengthen our bonds and frankly, get to know each other.

"What are you two wearing?" I looked between Y/n and Susan. Y/n snapped out of her daze at my words and thought about it for a moment.

"I'm not sure, maybe just my usual green evening gown." She shrugged.

"I was thinking of wearing the purple one I wore to the council meeting a week ago," Susan answered without looking up from writing.

"That won't do!" I gasped and latched onto Susan's arms. "It's so plain! You can't go to an evening party with a dress that you wore to a council meeting."

I turned to Y/n, "And you can't wear a dress twice, everyone knows that."

"I don't like where this is heading," Susan squirmed in my grip.