Ch. 28

It was 6 p.m. by now, stopping along the way looking at the different attractions and resting, making their way slowly towards the area that Seonghwa was talking about. Nature was truly beautiful, all of their attention cast towards the waving blades of grass, petals fluttering in the breeze, leaves gently drifting down as they stopped walking.

San POV ~

We had been walking for a while now, finally stopping as a field came into view. It was one of the most beautiful things I've seen ever, but there was someone more beautiful. I looked to my side, looking at Wooyoung's beautiful side profile. Everything about him was a work of art, truly perfection.

"We're here" Seonghwa breathed out, everyone looking around. The sunset beamed it's golden rays gently over us, making the scenery even more calming.

"I actually built a little shelter here, since I came here so much, even when it rained. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do" Seonghwa said, as he led us to the shelter.

It was a simple, built like a teepee. Inside, there were blankets, a pillow, books, and other minimalistic things.

"We can split up if you want, look around, but come back here before 8, it will take a while to get back" Seonghwa told everyone.

Wooyoung's hand was still in mine, so I dragged him away from the rest of them, just wanting to be alone with him for a bit longer, afraid that I won't be able to after I confess. I didn't even know where we were going, taking him wherever my feet led. I heard laughing besides me.

"What?" I ask tilting my head.

"Nothing, but everything at the same time" He said giggling, and god that sounded heavenly.

"You make no sense" I said, huffing.

"Neither do you" He countered.

"And why don't I make sense?" I questioned.

"You tell me"

"Tell you what?" I said, noticing the sadness behind his tone that was buried behind the peppiness that anyone else would've missed, but not me.

"Never mind" He said, attempting to start walking again, but I tugged him back, holding him in place.

"No, tell me what you want to know, and I'll answer all of them honestly"

"It's nothing" He said unconvincingly.

"Woo, I'll answer anything. All of it honestly, I promise"

"Anything?" He whispered.

"Anything" I whispered back, like it was a secret, just between the two of us.

The warm breeze blew gently through the air, the only thing breaking the silence. I knew it was getting late, twilight settling itself upon us, but the only thing I could think of was the beauty in front of me, drowning out everything else.

"You don't have to answer this, but . . ." He hesitated.

"You can ask me, I'll answer honestly" I urged him on.

"It's about you, Mingi, and Yunho. What's your actual relationship with each other?" He muttered, waiting for me to respond.

Ah, I felt it coming. He deserves to know the truth.

"O-of course you don't have to answer" He rushed, hanging his head down.

"As I said, I'll be honest" I say, taking a deep breath. "We're just friends, that's it"

I could see him looking at me skeptically, so I continued.

"It . . . it was stupid to be honest, and I regret it" I said, taking a moment to breathe.

"Me and Mingi pretended to be boyfriends to make the people we liked jealous, so they would notice us. Yunho was the person that Mingi liked, and he had succeeded, so that's the only reason that Yunho joined, because Mingi still had to keep his end of the deal" I explained, looking anywhere but his face.

"And who is that special someone that you like?" He asked with a wavering voice.

I looked at him with an unreadable expression.

'''

Wooyoung POV ~

I slapped a hand over my mouth, "I-I'm sorry, you don't have to answer that" I said quickly, and turned to run, not wanting to hear his answer, feeling tears form in my eyes.

He grabbed my hand, holding it in his own, not letting me go anywhere.

"It's someone you know really well, maybe too well" He added with a fond smile.

Stop smiling at someone else. I only want you to think of me and smile at me with that sickening sweet smile. I felt my insides churn with a feeling that made me angry at myself. I can't feel this way, I should be happy that there is someone he likes and that they likely feel the same way. I mean, who wouldn't fall for his charms, always pulling me in, always trying to resist.

I could feel my cheeks turn wet, tears slipping down my face.

"Don't. Don't say anything. I don't want to hear their name." I fell limp to the ground, desperately wiping at my face, wanting the tears to disappear.

"Woo-" I cut him off.

"Stop it! I hate it, I should be happy for you, but all I feel is hurt. I'm sorry, San. Sorry for feeling this way about you, sorry for thinking about you more than a friend, sorry for looking at you in a way I shouldn't, b-because we're only friends. But I don't want to just friends! I love you so much it hurts!" I ball my hands into a fist and hit his chest weakly, too hurt and angry at myself.

"Woo! Look at me" He said wiping my tears away gently, pulling me in for a hug.

How I wish we could do more than just a hug. I cry even harder at the thought.

"San, p-please don't hate me, I d-don't want to be w-without you!" I hiccupped and slurred my speech, barely understanding myself.

'''

San POV ~

I panicked, not fulling realizing what he said, until a moment later. I pulled away shocked at his confession, did he just say he loved me and he wanted to be more than friends? I stare at him with a shocked expression.

"I'm sorry, please don't l-leave me! I'll change, I'll forget, but don't leave!" He pleaded harder, tears streaming down his face.

"Woo! Please look at me" I said, lifting his head up, meeting his glossy eyes.

I didn't say anything more.

I kissed him.

Soft lips meeting my own, plump and delicate. Perfect.

He looked at me, eyes wide.

"W-what was that for?" He asked, voice soft and trembling.

"I love you too, Wooyoung" I pressed my forehead to his, wiping away his tears.

"Y-you do?" He questioned, not believing me.

"Of course I do, you're the sweetest person ever, how could I not fall for you?" I say, as I graze my finger over his lip.

"You mean you love love me?"

"Yes Woo, I love you in the way that makes me want to call you mine, and mine only. Will you . . . be mine, be my boyfriend?" I breathed out, looking into his eyes, seeing the entire universe in them, my universe.

"Yes! I want to be with you forever, Sannie" He cried out and placed his lips onto mine, kissing feverishly, neither one of us wanting to pull away.

"Idiot, I love you so much. You're a meanie!" He smacked my chest, sniffling while laughing his sweet laugh that sounded like angels.

"I love you so much, Woo" I said as I caressed his face, placing one last kiss on his lips, before embracing him in a tight hug.

"I love you, forever and always" He said, grabbing my hand, placing it in his own.

Hands together, hearts together, we slowly walked back together, smiles gracing our lips.

~

Almost at the end 🤧