Ch. 2

Wooyoung POV ~

Why couldn't school go any faster? I inwardly groaned to myself. I stared at the clock slowly ticking away, the minutes seeming like hours. I started to fall into a deep sleep as the clock suddenly rang and I jumped out of my chair and rushed out of the classroom. It looked like I was being chased and I was running like a madman. Besides class being boring and all, there was another reason that I was so excited for lunch. Lunch was one of the only periods where I got to see my two best friends Mingi and San. I had other friends that I hung with outside of school, but I preferred being alone with them in school. We had known each other from the diaper days as people would say. We knew all about each other and told each other all of our secrets. Or so I thought and hoped. 

As I was running to the cafeteria, I noticed a commotion in the hallway so I stopped to listen. The only part I heard was "Can't wait to see your boyfriend huh?

I heard people whispering things calling them cute and things and when someone loudly whispered to her friend "Ahhhhh, omg, they totally kissed!"

I got curious of who it was so I walked to the middle and I was surprised to see San leaning into Mingi and it looked like they were kissing from what I could see. Naturally I walked up to them and asked "You have a boyfriend?"

San immediately pulled away and stared at me and stuttered "H-hey.

I swung my arm around his shoulder "So, do you?"

I noticed that San's face was dusted with a pink hue and was about to tease him when Mingi interrupted me. 

"Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, right babe?

I watched them baffled as Mingi pulled San closer and tilted his chin towards him. San's face was turning crimson red I just watched in confusion. Was my best friends seriously in a relationship? Am I going to third wheeling for the rest of my life? How did they get together? Why didn't I know about this? But at the back of my mind, the question I wanted to know the most was, Why did he choose Mingi? I shook these thoughts away and focused my attention back on them. 

Other people were whispering not so quietly about how they were the new power couple and how they were perfect for each other. I felt a weird sting in my heart but I brushed it off thinking that it was because I was going to be third wheeling them for half the time now. 

I watched as Mingi pulled San impossibly closer and whispered something inaudible in his ear and I watched as San weakly punched him in the chest and ran off towards the cafeteria causing Mingi to laugh.

"Remember to save me a spot, Baby!" I heard Mingi yell at San and he chuckled to himself. 

I stood there staring at San's figure as he was running away and turned back to Mingi. I was so confused at this point and didn't even know if they were joking or not. It was a normal thing to joke about, right? I questioned myself and contemplated if I should just ask. I saw Mingi start to walk away towards the cafeteria and the students slowly dispersed from the hallways still talking among themselves. I joined Mingi and we walked alongside each other. I decided to ask him the question that was lurking in the head. 

"So, are you guys seriously dating?" I asked.

Mingi stopped suddenly and turned to look at me square in eye and looked very serious. "And what if we are?"

I was taken aback my his tone and after a moment, I replied. "I'm happy for you guys." And gave him a smile. 

Mingi looked at me and said something very confusing which made me stop in my tracks.

 "There are many things that are hard to understand, love being one of them, but I hope that in the end you can give him the happiness he deserves." 

He gave me a genuine smile and I was still stuck in place from all the events that happened and what he just told me. I never knew that Mingi could say such meaningful things like this. I felt an arm on my shoulder and that snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"What do you mean by that?" I asked 

"You'll figure it out when it's the right time, when your feelings are true to yourself." 

I was thinking about what he said when Mingi yelled "But for now, lets go get some food, Im starved!"

I playfully slapped his arm, of course this was the Mingi I knew. We walked and chatted along the way and for now, I pushed all his words and my feelings to the back of my mind and just enjoyed our talk together. I decided that I would ask him what he meant another day and ask San about what happened. But there was still a lingering thought in his mind he tried to push away but couldn't. Mingi and San didn't deny that they were dating each other but they also didn't say yes when he asked them if they were.