CHAPTER 31

"Good Morning," I greet Riya, who is sitting in one of the middle seats as I step into the bus.

She waves back at me with an energized smile and says, "Morning. You look happy today."

"Uh-huh, I always look happy," I say to her, and unknowingly smiled when Jay's face came into mind.

"Yeah. But you look extra cheerful today. And that smile, what happened?" She raises her eyebrows at me, a teasing smile playing on her lips.

I shake my head at her and say, "Nothing. You are just imagining."

"Sure," she replies, still having a teasing smile. Beside her, Nisha shakes her head, knowing Riya's ways.

"Bye. Meet you in class," I say and move back to our seats.

I ignore saying something to Avni and Misha to avoid getting my mood spoiled.

I sit on the seat beside the window at the end of the bus.

"Hello, Kiara," I hear Kunal and Dhruv's voice from the seat ahead of me, making me look at them. I wave at them.

"Hey," I say, and they both smile at me. The bus stops at the same time.

I look ahead and smile at Sara as she waves at me, stepping onto the bus.

"Hello," I say as I shift onto the next seat to let her sit on the window side.

"Nah. Just sit there, I will sit here with Aarav," Sara smiles up at me before moving to the seat opposite us and looks ahead as Adi and Jay come.

Adi wiggles his eyebrows as soon as I look at him, making me glare at him. He shows me his famous evil smile, indirectly letting me know what is up for me today.

I look at Jay as he smacks Adi on his head, mumbling something.

He moves his eyes away from him and looks ahead. At me. In the eyes.

The butterflies made its way into my stomach, and I feel my cheeks getting warm as we both look at each other straight in the eyes.

It is the first time we are meeting after knowing about each other feelings.

He gives me a small adorable smile, which I return with my own.

I move my gaze towards Adi, who is now smirking at us.

That Idiot. Wait till we are alone, Adi, you are so going to pay.

"Hello, Chui," Adi says as they both came and sits on either side of me. Adi on the window side then, me and then Jay at the front.

"Hello, Monkey."

I greet Adi back and look at Jay as he says, "Hello Kia."

I smile back at him, the butterflies in my stomach not getting any rest and try to respond not so shyly as I felt, "Hey."

God! I never knew I could feel so shy before this. I didn't even know I had it in me.

I look out at the window as the little drizzle started. The sky looked like that it would be raining heavily tonight.

I look at Adi as he asks, "how long we have to stay for practice today?"

Teachers day is tomorrow, so we have to practice and make all the arrangements today only.

"I think till six," Jay answers.

"Oh. And have you guys brought the outfits with you?" Adi asks, looking at us.

We all have to come with the costumes that we are wearing for the performance. So that, we can practice with them for one time to avoid any blunders.