CHAPTER 24

"What? Don't tell me you forget to complete your book," Sara whispers in my ear as Mr Hitler continues checking accounts books from the first bench.

I nod and keep my palms on my face, "Yup. I just told you that."

Instead of replying, she starts laughing silently.

"Don't laugh, Idiot. I don't know what will happen to me now," I say to her still terrified of his reaction.

I look at the bench opposite me to find Adi and Jay having the same expression as mine.

Yesterday, we three were so invested in watching the match and playing games that we forget to complete the book of accounts.

Adi looks at me with his lower lips pointing out, while Jay opens his bag to find something.

He takes out his watch and looks at the time.

He looks at me and then at Adi with a triumphant smile. We both raise our eyebrows at him as he holds three fingers and shows us.

"What?" I whisper-yelled at him, making him roll his eyes.

"Only 3 minutes are remaining," he whispers back.

"Oh."

"Now 2 minutes," though his word did relax me a bit, it goes back to the previous position when Sir reach Avni's bench. Next was Jay's and Adi's, and then, he will come to us.

Sir quickly checks Misha's books. As Avni has started school today only so, she is safe.

I close my eyes tightly when Sir reaches Jay's bench. I open my one eyes slightly to see the scene. Sir is about to take Jay's book when the bell finally rings. I felt myself breathing once again.

It may sound dramatic but facing the strictest teacher is dreadful.

I sigh, relaxed when Sir says, "I will check the remaining books tomorrow."

I wait in anticipation as he moves out of the class. I turn to look at Jay, who is sitting at the front today on the bench opposite me to found him looking at me only.

How I wish this space between us wouldn't be there.

He quickly averts his gaze away from me and looks at Adi, who is showing his evil smile to us.

Could Jay too have-

Sneha ma'am enters the classroom at the same time, making my thoughts end abruptly.

"It is your free period, Rakesh Sir hadn't come today so do whatever you want. I am coming after some time I have some work with Principal Ma'am. Don't make a noise," telling this she moves out of the class.

"Kia," Jay calls me, making me shift towards him.

I raise my eyebrows at him, "What?"

"Connect the bench. We three will complete the sums in Accounts. Ma'am will not come till next lecture," Jay says, motioning to mine and his bench.

"One minute, we will get in trouble if any Sir or teacher comes between the lecture," Aarav says and then continues, "So Kia, we will just exchange our place." Smooth.

Adi glare at him but didn't say anything.

Jay and Adi come out to let us exchange the place.

"I am sitting near the window," Adi says, moving at the end.

I sit beside him while Jay sits at the front.

"Give me your calculator," Adi says and looks at the sum, "God! These sums! I am going to throw this book out if I didn't get the answer."