CHAPTER 6

Waking up and getting up from your warm cosy bed is like the worst part of every morning, but Monday's morning just hits different.

I seriously think that Monday should be optional or there should be a day between Sunday and Monday.

Ignoring the morning laziness, I get up for school.

Getting ready lazily, I made my way downstairs with half-closed eyes.

"Morning, lazy girl," My Mumma says, already well aware of my Monday morning mood.

"Mumma, I am not lazy. I am just saving my energy for future use."

"I still don't understand how you come with such remarks while half asleep."

"It is a talent, Mumma."

"Hello, angel," Dad greets, coming to the kitchen.

"Hello, Dad," I greet him back, my mood already lifting.

"Ready for school?"

"Yes."

"Great."

Soon, I finish my breakfast and make my way outside, waiting for the school bus.

***

"And that is it for today's lecture. You guys can consider this period as a free. But remember if you make noise, I will start the next chapter today only," saying this, our Economics sir sits on his chair, one big eco books in his hand.

"I am off to sleeping," Aarav tells, putting his head in between his hand on the bench.

Aditiya rolls his eyes at his antics and moves towards Sara.

"Sara, explain me this," he points to one of the paragraphs.

"Sure." Sara and Adi move to one of the spare benches behind us.

"Hey, I don't understand it too. I am joining you two," saying this, Misha also joins them.

"Can I come to sit beside you?" Jay asks me as I was sitting alone on the bench.

I nod and smile at him.

We both randomly talk for a while.

"How was school?" Jay asked me, referring to my past school.

"Well, it was okayish. Like, I don't have any close friends there. I was a good student, taking studies seriously and all."

"Oh. Do you like it here in this school?"

"Of course, Yes. With you guys, it has been amazing here. As I have said that I don't have any close friend, I was beyond thrilled to be your friend."

"I am glad about that."

I smile at him, which he returns.

"I have heard that mine and your's mother is bonding well," Jay tells me with a smile.

"Yeah. Mumma was speaking at the dinner yesterday that how Jhanvi aunty is going to be her best friend."

"Same. My father was happy that she is interacting with others as she is always at home taking care of us."

"Mumma is the same. She talks with our neighbours but doesn't feel comfortable with them. So she is ecstatic that finally, she is going to get someone to gossip."

He laughs at my gossip comment but agrees nonetheless.

We both talk and laugh a lot till the bell ring signalling for the next lecture. We all sat our respected places.