CHAPTER 20

"We have to go and meet Avni," Jay says to Adi after he puts the phone back.

Adi nods, "Sara is at Misha's?"

Jay nods as a response and looks at me, "Come on, get up."

"I am also coming with you guys?"

"Of course. I need someone to annoy," Adi answers as he gets up and moves to switch the TV off.

I put on my cardigan and moves with Jay to inform our mothers.

After their permission, we three made our way to Misha's.

"How is Avni?" I ask them.

"Hmm, she is a girl who behaves like a girl," Adi answers, smirking.

"Wow! What a great answer," I sarcastically clap for him.

Adi bows down, "My pleasure Chui (Mouse)."

Jay laughs and answers, "He said true tho. She is a girly girl, and who doesn't like watching cricket or any games for that matter. And she loves to spend time with us."

I made an 'O' as an answer, ignoring the passing feeling which comes with his answer, something like irritation?

Adi scoffs at his answer and rings the doorbell as we reach.

What is the matter with Adi now?

Aunty opens the door and ushers us in, "Misha is in her room," she smiles at me, "And you must be Kia, right?"

I nod and smiles at her, "Yes, Aunty."

It is the first time I had come to Misha house. Her house is just like Jay's, only slightly smaller.

Jay puts his hand on my back and leads us to Misha's room.

Adi enters the room, followed by Jay and me.

Misha and Aarav were sitting on the bed while Sara is sitting on the window seat. And the girl who I guess is Avni is standing by the mirror.

"Hello, Avni. Welcome back," Jay says while giving a smile.

"Oh My God, Jay! I missed you," She comes and hugs Jay making his hand drop from my back at the sudden action.

I stand there, awkwardly looking at them once again ignoring the passing feeling that had felt earlier.

Jay pats her back before pulling back.

Now, I can look at Avni properly, she is tall, slim and has a confident aura around her.

She is wearing skinny jeans with a crop top which is making her look taller.

She side-hugs Adi, who is standing on the other side of Jay. He mutters, "Welcome back."

She looks at me and creases her eyebrows, "Sorry, I didn't notice you before."

She gives a look to Misha who comes quickly and motions to me, "Ahh, Avni, this is Kiara, the new member of our group."

I smile at Avni though I noticed the slight flicker of emotion in her face before she can hide from anyone, which screams that she doesn't like the news. Anyone had not seen her expression changing, but I have.

"Hello. Welcome back, Avni," I smile politely at her, opposite of what I am feeling inside.

I don't know what I am feeling right now, but this isn't good.

And I also know what happens when even one member of the close-knit group doesn't like the new member.

"Thank You, Kiara," she smiles while everyone stands awkwardly, not knowing what to do for the first time.