CHAPTER 17

"You will not believe what I heard this morning?" Misha tells when she meets Sara and me in the hallway.

"What?" Sara asks, looking at her.

"Avni is coming today," she said, smiling ear to ear. Who is Anvi?

"Oh Wow," Sara smiles, but I don't think it reaches her eyes.

"Yes! I think she will come to school from tomorrow only. My mom was coming at 10 to complete all the process," Misha says, still smiling ear to ear.

"Great," Sara mutters and look at the boys as they enter and starts walking towards us.

"Who is Avni?" I ask as Jay and Adi stand on either side of me while Aarav goes to stand beside Sara. I feel both Adi and Jay tense beside me. Well, I guess whoever Avni is, she is not a piece of good news for this three.

"She is my cousin. She had gone to Delhi last year at her parents, and now she is back," Misha tells and turns to talk with Sara and Aarav.

"Oh," and then, we all move towards our respected lines when the bell rings.

After a long 30 minutes of prayer and pledge, we move towards our class.

"Sara, will you come today to help me set Avni's room?" Misha asks Sara to which she nods with a forced smile.

"Of course." What happened to Misha? She is the only one who can easily see the emotions of Sara with just her face, and now, she is not even noticing a forced smile of her?

Well, I would ask Adi or Jay.

We move to our places in the class. I smile at Jay behind me, who is sitting in the middle today. He smiles back and continues his talk with Adi, who is sitting in front today.

Sara is looking out of the window today instead of talking with Misha and me which she does every day.

I look at Misha to find her writing something which amused me.

"What are you writing? I have never seen you take out a book before the lectures at all, and here you are writing," I tease her.

She looks at me, "I am making a list of things I have to buy and arrange for Avni. And I do take out my book before lectures. Sometimes."

I make 'O' and gesture her to the list, "Continue."

I come to know that Avni was also part of the group before she had gone to Delhi.

I look at Sara to found her going through Accounts notes of Chapter 4 which Mr Hitler had completed yesterday. Her mood is off anyone can see that.

"Sara," I whine and close the books.

She raises her eyebrows in question, hiding her smile because of my whining, but I have already noticed that.

"Let's play something. The exam is not anywhere soon," I make a puppy face.

"Ok then, what do you want to play? We only have 10 minutes tho," she asks, putting all the books in the desk.

I look at the tissue paper, which I have kept in my bag and pull it out with two markers.

"Dots and Boxes."

Dots and Boxes game may sound childish, but it is still fun to play around.

In this game, players take turns connecting two unjoined dots, horizontally or vertically. A player who completes the forth side of a box earns a point and must take another turn.

The game ends when the players draw all the lines and claims all the boxes. The player with most boxes claims wins.

We both start playing, her mood getting to normal.

Soon, Sneha Mam enters the room and takes attendance. The first lecture is of her only.

"I am passing your test paper. I have marked. The result is not good, but this time, I am letting this go. Do well next time."

I look at Sara who has got 32 out of 40, Misha and Aarav the same.

Jay and Adi both have got 29 and 27, respectively. I have got 36 out of 40. I am shocked when the teacher said that I have the highest marks in the class.

Jay and Adi pull my ponytail and tells, "We didn't know you were topper."

"I also didn't know that before today," I shrug. Economics is my favourite now.

Aarav says from behind, "Ab Mujhe pata chala. Sharma Ji ka beta nahi, beti samajhdaar hai." (Now I know that Sharma Ji's son is not the intelligent one, his daughter is.)

We all laugh at that and look ahead at the teacher as she speaks, "I will take one more test tomorrow. Be prepared."

Then, she starts teaching a new chapter.

The lectures go by, and soon it is break time.

We all gather around our table. Misha is still not over with the excitement of her cousin home-coming which is making Sara's mood sad.

I look at Jay and Adi, who are also noticing this. Aarav has forgotten his tiffin in the class, so he has gone back to take it.

"Misha, you are going with Sara tomorrow, right?"

Misha looks up at Adi as he observes her with an angry expression which goes unnoticed by her.

"Sorry, Sara. I can't, Avni is coming tomorrow."

I look at Jay knowing Adi is getting angry.

I found him looking at me. We both nod at each other and get up pulling Adi with us from either side.

"Adi, Kia forget her water bottle in the class, come."

Before he can say anything, Jay put his around him and starts walking towards the hallway with me following them.

"She is doing this again, Jay," Adi says, still angry.

"I know, Adi," Jay replies calmly.

"This is not fair. My sister has always been with her, but from last year when she has Avni with her, she ignores Sara. I know Avni was also part of our group but why Misha forgets about Sara? Can't she treat both same? Avni is not having any problem, then why her? And last time, Sara was so hurt because of them not including her in any of their plans."

"I know, Adi. We will talk with her."

***

Hey Fellas!!!

Hope you guys are fine and healthy.

Well, did you guys like the Chapter?
Sorry for delay and rushy Chapter.

What do you think about Avni?

And why Misha is ignoring Sara?

Is Avni a bad news or Misha behavior is?

Random Thought:-

If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.

See you tomorrow.

Stay Safe.
Stay Healthy.

Love,
Mahek.