CHAPTER 45 (Jay's POV)

A sob erupts from her when I try to reach for her hand, which she moves away quickly from my range. What happened?

Adi hugs her slightly as she keeps crying and trying to say something, but it was not successful as she keeps sobbing.

But I heard it when she says, "Jay, I am sorry. I can't. I seriously can't."

"Kia," Adi rubs her shoulder as she shakes her head.

I keep looking at her as she forms a sentence, "I am sorry, I can't."

She bows her head, not meeting my eyes while tears are still not stopping from her eyes. The blanket slips down from her shoulder when she moves, making her pale hands come to our vision.

She is looking so weak, so fragile.

My baby.

"I can't continue what is between us," saying she starts sobbing. What?

Adi hugs her and rubs her shoulder as she keeps sobbing. He looks at me, confused, not knowing what to do.

I am in the same state. Or maybe even worse.

What is she saying? Doesn't she feel the same as I feel for her?

Jay, don't jump to a conclusion. Think from your heart. You have seen her opening up to you. She will definitely have a reason.

"Jay, she is burning," Adi says to me, making me snap to the real world.

"Kiu, lay down," I say to her, standing from the bed.

I hold her arm as she looks at me with teary, warm eyes.

I palm her face and wipe her tears, "we will talk, but first you lay down, ok?"

She nods and lay down on the bed. I cover her small, pale figure with two big blankets, and sit beside her while Adi goes, downstairs bring the cold water as the water had become warm already.

"Jay-" I hear her when I put the wet cloth on her forehead.

"Shh. I told you we would talk but first, let Adi bring cold water," she nods silently and closes her eyes. I sit properly beside her and lean on the headrest.

I stroke her hair, causing her to sigh. I look at her, whose face had lost its colour. There are dark circles under her eyes, indicating her tiredness. Her nose is all red because of crying.

As much as I have noticed, she is also hurting. Why is she doing this to herself?

I should've guessed that something was wrong yesterday only when we have gone to the Chaat shop. She was feeling off and not acting herself.

What would've been the reason?

Studies? She is doing very well in it, and even helping peoples when they ask her, so no, that wouldn't be a problem.

Her goals? From as much as I know her, she will work on it after the 12th, so nope, not that too.

Then what could've been the reason?

Family? But Uncle and Aunt don't know about us.

Yes! They both don't know about us, and that is the problem. She has finally realized.

I look at the door as Adi enters with the cold water.

"Give me," I say to Adi, holding my hand towards him.

He gives me a look but gave me nonetheless. "Aunty has gone to buy groceries."

I nod and put the cold, wet cloth on Kiu's forehead for like half an hour till her temperature finally got down slightly.