[XVIII]_for_better_or_worse_18

[Now back to present day...for now at least.]

Johnny's POV

"Did y'all really have to tie me up? This is demeaning."

"You may not be a rope bunny but I sure am." V smirked as they sat besides me in the truck.

"Delta the fuck off."

"Was for your own good. If I had it my way, and V wouldn't die, I'd rip the chip outta V's skull right now." Panam's voice was bitter and harsh.

"I wouldn't be against that idea."

"Shouldn't you be trying to take control or something?!"

"You want the cyberpyscho to take back control? Just makin sure you signed up for all the blood that'll be on your hands, all in vain."

"Take control, just do it." V smirked devilishly, a blood red tint glowing in her eyes.

"Goodbye, Silver."
--
V's POV

"Ndi moyo ndi imfa mmanja mwanga, ndimalola tsogolo kuti lisankhe chuma changa. Muimfa, pachabe, ndidzakumbukira abale ndi alongo anu, nsembe zawo ndi chikondi chawo. Pambuyo pa moyo, tidzawonongeka kapena kupitiriza kukhala ndi moyo. Amen." I sat up and pulled at the cuffs from around my back, breaking free from them with ease. "What did I miss?" Both Panam and Judy quickly turned their heads and glared at me.

"V, you're back?! But how-" Judy looked at me with a mixture of happiness, confusion and fear.

"How are you so sure this is V, Juds? For all we know, Silverhand's just pawning her, again." Panam whiped back as her focussed her attention on the road.

"V is the only person in N.C. who's fluent in Nyanja, let alone who knows the language."

"You understood what she said?"

"She said "With life and death in my hands, I allow the future to determine my wealth. In death, in vain, I will remember your brothers and sisters, their sacrifices and their love. After life, we will be destroyed or we will continue to live. Amen." Was a little prayer type of saying she would utter whenever uncertainty was heavy and no choice seemed right."

"Would you shake a poor sinner's hand?" I lightheartedly chuckled. "I know I haven't been a saint. I know I'm not innoccent of my doings. Just, give me faith that I will do the right thing, choombas."

"Answer me this, V." Judy spoke. "Are you a pyscho or was Johnny-"

"Aren't we all a bit mad, my dear? I just use my madness to better things than as wasteful annilihation. If I kill, at least I'm killing for a benifit, a gig, not just for bloodlust."

"Can we stop you from going mad?" Panam asked.

"Been pondering that question for a while. Not so sure saving me is even worth it, how far down the rabbit hole I've spiralled. How far from Eden I've fallen, there's no saving the damned. No future for the lights of me." The truck slowed to a halt as we arrived at Vik's clinic. "Well, guess there's point in runnin. Lets go, I won't struggle." Pananm opened the back of the trunk and I hopped out.

"You really think you can't be saved?" Panam asked as she shoved her hands into the pockets of her ripped denim jeans. I turned towards Judy as she stared at me, like I was a ghost.

"It's not like I don't wanna get better." I returned my attention to the nomad. "But if the chip... if my brain's so fucked beyond repair, drugs are useless. My spiral into madness already is in swing and if I bring you guys down with me...I couldn't live with myself..." Judy walked over towards me and looked me in the eyes, taking both of her hands into my face and kissed my lips. "I love you..."