[XXIII]_all_is_fair_in_a_losing_war_[23]

[Present Day]

Vaya's POV

[Incase yall forgot, and for my sake as I keep flipping back to chapters to refresh myself, Valarie's body has been taken over by a severe cyberpyschosis malfunction construct named Vaya, which name means "Death". The irony. Valarie is helpless but to watch as this being of malice controls her body and Silverhand? Well, he's been out cold. We last left Vaya calling Goro for help into Arasaka HQ. Now back to the story.]
----

One, two, my bruises were black and blue. Three, four, gunshots leave me harmed and sore. Five, six, beating people up with sticks. Seven, eight, not making it to heaven's gate. Nine, ten, why don't you kill me then?

"I need to get better." I spoke to myself in the bathroom mirror. Goro was gonna meet me in the morning so I took refugee in V's appartment. Cleaning up the blood that stained my eyelids and cheeks, I stared at myself in the mirror. "I need to kill the best part of me to thrive. I will kill you, Valarie. I hope you're hearing this." Inhale. Exhale. God, I can't wait to own this body.

Incoming Holocall from Vel

Fuck me.

I answered the call, staring at a dark brown skinned feminine person with cream coloured splotches decorating her skin. She had a cybernetic monocle staring me down as a curly dark afro stood atop their head, cheeks kissed with soft freckles and a pair of grey concerned eyes stared me down. The name "Vel" flashed in my head but I just stared at someone Valarie used to know. The memories of Vel kinda danced around in my head, tickling my brain to little suffice.

"Yo V, Valance is- wait. The hell's wrong with you??? Is the pyschosis getting worse?!"

"Yes." I simply spoke. "I'm working on....this. What were you saying about Valance?"

"Yeesh you sound as bad as you look- but anyways, Valance is out cold."

"What do you mean by "out cold", are they dead?"

"No, not dead. I don't know, one moment Valance was on the phone with me, the next I find them face down in a ditch."

"Where's the others?"

"Vivian is with me and Valance. Vex and Vincent are with Judy. Violet is somewhere off the grid, I suppose. Vox is in Pacifica. The others, I haven't heard from." I nodded.

"I'll see if I can track em down. Just keep Valance alive." Vel nodded and ended the call. "Can't have these little shits find me out." Grabbing a pistol Valarie keeps on the bathroom counter, I left the apartment to stall for time. Killing these Marksmyths would give me a bit more time...
______________

Valkayrie's POV
[Valkayrie "Valk" Marksmyth, Lesbian, Cis Female, 26]

"Ugh...my head..." I groaned as I sat up in a king sized bed, white sheets and pillowcases stained crimson as I carefully pulled myself up from the soft mattress. "Where's....where's Doc?" The world swirled and swished all around me as I stumbled towards the bathroom, puking up blood and bile onto the floor. "DOC! DOCTOR!" I yelled inbetween coughs and gags. "FUCK!"

"Valk?!" A familiar feminine voice called out as I leaned against the sink. I turned my head to find a woman in a netrunner uniform, staring at me with much concern. "Valk, baby, it's okay." I furrowed my eyebrows as I wiped the disgust from my lips.

"Wh...who are you?" I snapped as I turned on the sink to rinse my mouth

"T-Bug, your fiancé." I nodded as I spat into the sink, turning to the woman with a look of disintrest on my face. "You...you still don't remember anything do you?" I shrugged my shoulders.