Chapter 6: Grinning Idiots

"KIM JISOOOO!!!" 

"SOOYAAAA!!!"

Jeongyeon and Seulgi ran into the cafeteria searching for their Jisoo.

They both calmed down when Wendy told them Jisoo didn't make it to Uni today. 

Taking a seat beside a sleepy Lisa, Seulgi rapped out everything that had happened since this morning. 

"Slow down, Seul. We can barely understand you." Wendy chuckled out. 

"AHHH! Hold her back, Wannie! She's smiling so hard, I think I'm going to go blind" 

Lisa made a show of rubbing and covering her eyes. Nothing could falter Seulgi's smile. Irene didn't reject me!

"I don't think she's the only one blinding us, Lis!" Wendy pointed to Jeongyeon.

All three girls turned to see a grinning Jeongyeon giggling with her eyes glued to her phone.

Her thumbs were speeding as she spammed some poor soul. 

"...I know why I was yelling...but why were you yelling for Jisoo?" Seulgi and Lisa raised their brows waiting for an answer.

Jeongyeon just grinned before showing them her lockscreen of her and Nayeon. 

"Wow...you look exactly like…" 

"...an idiot." Lisa gasped out in faux shock causing Wendy and Seulgi to snicker.

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes before breaking out into a grin again. 

"An idiot with a girlfriend!"

"…" Silence took over the table

"I think Soo might be Einstein.'' 

"I thought it was LiJeong forever."

"When is it my turn to be happy?" 

Jeongyeon flicked Lisa's forehead before rubbing Wendy's head, which was face planted onto the table. 

"She was looking for me this morning-" 

"THAT REMINDS ME! I WALKED BY YOUR CLASS THREE TIMES TO ASK FOR A CHARGER! MY PHONE WAS DEAD AND YOU WERE FLIRTING???"

"If you don't shut up right now I'm going to walk over there and tell Rosé you already planned your wedding upto the seating arrangement." Jeongyeon said through gritted teeth, silencing Lisa.

Continuing where she left off, she brought back her grin as she carefully told the girls each detail of the events that took place a while ago.

. . . . . . . . . 

It's not that Jeongyeon wanted to ignore Nayeon, but she was tired of the excuses given to her every time she asked her out. 

"I have a test, I'll be studying all week."

"Joohyunnie needed help at the student council"

"The music department will be practicing for the assembly!" 

"Rosé wants me to walk Joohwangie after school." 

Jeongyeon had enough when she learned Joohwangie was Rosé's fish. She chose "walking a fish" over me?

Not interested in listening to the morning lecture, she decided to stay for attendance before sneaking out to leave for the café down the street. 

It's been a week since she had paid proper attention to Nayeon and she hasn't texted her since Friday.

If I never texted first, we wouldn't even talk. Maybe I should pull a Wendy and give up.

Letting out a heart wrenching smile, she grabbed her order and headed towards the door while scrolling through their old texts.

She failed to notice the girl she missed waiting for her outside. 

Jeongyeon came to a halt when she realized she bumped into someone

"Oh, sorry." 

Sidestepping and still not taking her eyes off the screen, she attempted to walk again only to be stopped by the same person.

"Listen, I'm already having a bad day. Let's not ruin it for me."

She stepped to the right this time and lost all her patience when the other person also followed her move. 

"And why is that?" 

Hearing the familiar voice, Jeongyeon looked up as her anger was suddenly replaced with a feeling of desolation.