Chapter 25: New Start

Jisoo felt a bit self conscious as Jennie continued to stare at her face.

She had checked through the front camera but she didn't seem to have anything on it.

"Your bandaid..." Jennie whispered.

Shit. I forgot about Pikachu.

"Sorry, I don't have any other types."

Jennie heard those exact words ring in her head. She looked at Jisoo's face again, the crying had caused Jennie's eyes to puff up as usual.

The unclear sight in front of her suddenly felt very familiar.

The exact pink heart she saw before was now in front of her in the form of Jisoo's lips.

She messed up.

In every way possible.

Jisoo quickly rushed to Jennie's side when she saw her tear up again. A sobbing Jennie just told Jisoo everything that happened through freshman year including meeting her.

"I'm so sorry...I couldn't see...and I-I…"

Jisoo just rubbed Jennie's back as she listened, reassuring her it wasn't her fault and it was just a big misunderstanding.

Jennie felt tired from all the crying and unconsciously leaned against Jisoo's shoulder.

She didn't even realize she had invaded all possible boundaries of space and just continued to find comfort in Jisoo's arms.

Jisoo didn't either, she was focused on letting Jennie cry until she had let all her emotions out.

She didn't let go of Jennie's hand until she had calmed down and the tears had stopped.

Jennie quickly jumped away when she was back to her senses. She tried to ignore the new weird feelings in her gut which she couldn't decide if she liked or hated.

"I'm sorry that asshole did that to you. If it makes you feel better, I knocked out one of his teeth and broke his right arm before he left."

Jennie smiled through her tears. Jisoo had managed to lift her mood up somehow.

Jisoo felt herself smile as she saw Jennie's cheeks puff up. She did it before she could even stop herself.

"Hmm?" Jennie hummed in confusion when she felt Jisoo's finger on her cheek.

"Sorry, they're just so fluffy."

Jennie smiled as Jisoo continued to poke her cheeks in awe. She felt her tears drying up.

"Mandu."

"Mandu?"

"Look. Steamed mandu." Jisoo poked her cheek again.

Is she making fun of me?

"Noooo. They look like- like...dried cucumber.'' Jennie whined out as Jisoo continued to tease her.

"About Sana-"

"Oh don't even worry, that one's on me."

Jisoo told Jennie what actually happened, clearing the last of their misunderstandings.

Although she was happy for Tzuyu, Jennie felt horrible for the girl beside her. Even if Jisoo told her it wasn't a big deal.

They finished up their coffee and walked out. They had managed to put all their past feelings aside and promised to start over.

On Jisoo's end that meant never speaking to Jennie again, she just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding, but Jennie had other ideas.

Jisoo was weird.