Chapter 55: Forgiven

"Hi!" Ningning cheerfully greeted Jisoo. "What are you doing here all alone so early in the morning?"

"Waiting for Jennie." Jisoo threw away her empty milk carton in the nearby trash.

"Don't you pick her up?"

Jisoo sorrowfully explained her devastating situation to Ningning. She was met with endless laughter when she finished.

The freshman tried her best to catch her breath under Jisoo's sad glare.

"Let me get this straight, you told her you helped in prepping the StuCo office and was so close to forgiveness but your tongue slipped and you revealed you also got me and the girls to tag along in your pranks?"

Jisoo nodded.

"So, Jennie left without your explanation and blocked you on everything?"

The sophomore just nodded once again.

"You are your own enemy."

Jisoo sighed in frustration and slouched lazily.

"Get up. You're stronger than this." Ningning slapped her shoulder.

It caused Jisoo to cry out in pain.

"Shit. I'm so sorry. Is it that bad, unnie?" Ningning was quick to slide off Jisoo's sweater to check her shoulder.

"It's fine. Really. It's just a mino-"

"You're fully bruised!" Jisoo's tank top revealed her beat shoulder. The bruising ran down to the top of her arm.

"Why haven't you got this checked yet?!" Ningning yelled in frustration.

"I will. Later. I have to talk to Jennie first."

"Your girlfriend can wait." Ningning clutched onto Jisoo's top, ready to pull her to the nurse by it. They were interrupted by someone clearing their voice.

"Jennie!" Jisoo gave her a whipped grin. She was ignored by her girlfriend.

"Can I know why you're stripping my girlfriend in front of the school?" Her attention was directed at Ningning.

"Your girlfriend is an idiot and refuses to see the nurse so I'm dragging her there." Ningning was provoking her to help Jisoo.

Jennie pried her hand off Jisoo's top. "Thank you. But I can do that."

She quickly held onto Jisoo's hand and pulled her away.

Ningning watched the two girlfriends walk off in a hurry. Jisoo looked back to mouth her a "Thank you."

A satisfied sigh escaped her mouth.

"Good morning to me."

• • • • • • • •

"Jen. Let me explain." Jisoo had no idea how Jennie suddenly got the stamina to walk so fast. She had been chasing her since the morning.

Jennie had let go of her hand as soon as they were out of Ningning's sight. She walked into class and sat down with Jisoo left by the door. Jisoo really didn't want to go so she skipped until lunch and waited for the end.

They had practically made their way to the cafeteria. Jennie clearly wasn't going to listen to her today so Jisoo just left to sit with her friends.

"How bad is it?"

"I'm still blocked and she caught me talking to Ningning this morning."

Soojoo laughed at her misery.