Remembering & Mates

Severus got up, knowing he wasn't going to get anymore sleep and walked to the bathroom, rinsing the cold sweat from his face.

Sighing, the young Fae returned to the main room and sat in the armchair, wishing as he did that he didn't finish all his homework as he had nothing to distract him from the memories.

He hadn't had those nightmares since he was fourteen and had mastered his occlamancy enough to sleep peacefully.

He had found the mind art when he had overheard one of the older years mention that his father had to learn it to become a ministry worker.

The thought of anyone entering his mind without his knowledge had shook Severus to the core and he scrambled to find the book that would teach him how to learn it.

It ended up being in the restricted section and he had had to ask Lucius to get it for him, costing him a favor which he had paid by brewing quite a nasty potion that he didn't even want to think about how it was used.

Severus had worked hard and followed the book religiously, it still took him almost four years, but he had finally gotten to the point where he could feel another's presence in his mind, partially control his emotions, fend off mild attacks, and occlulate while sleeping, preventing him from having nightmares.

He had been neglecting his mind lately and it was now showing in the form of memories leaking into his dreams.

Severus leaned back in his chair, head resting against the back as he tried not to fall back into the feelings of those times.

He had been so helpless, so weak and his mother had paid dearly for it.

Once again his rage spiked and his hatred for Tobias grew, how he had wanted to kill that man, him and his worthless friends, for daring to defile his beloved mother.

It had been the driving force in wanting to join the Dark Lord, but now that he was free of his father and knew what he wanted he wasn't going to be a reckless, witless, Gryffindor about it.

No. He was going to be Slytherin to its fullest extant and get what he wanted without getting caught or trapped into being a slave to a madman.

He would make them suffer before he personally would end them, he would relish every moment of watching the life drain from those bastards' eyes.

He would pick them off one by one, starting with Malcolm and ending with Chris and Tobias, he wanted them to know that something was coming for them.

He wanted them to feel the same fear, pain, and helplessness they had made him and his mother feel.

Oh yes, they would suffer and then he would wipe their filth from the earth, throw their souls into the fields with his own hands and smile as they suffered tenfold what they had inflected on them.

After all, it wasn't like he hadn't written down the instructions to all those nasty little potions he made Lucius, some of which were undetectable and could only be found out by a potion master doing a blood test and since anything blood related was considered illegal in the UK no one would ever find out.

Chuckling darkly to himself Severus made a mental note to head to Knockturn for supplies.

Pulling himself from his dark thoughts the young Fae realised it was still dark outside and not wanting to get dragged back into his memories, especially those memories and the ones they lead to, Severus decided to suck it up and finally face the thing he had been putting off and ignoring.

Getting up, the young man took the three books he needed from the shelf and sat down again before just staring at them blankly. Growling in frustration Severus shook himself firmly.