Mishaps & Kiss

Severus sighed as he climbed the stairs in front of him, holding back the groan that built in his chest as he headed up to his dorm room.

Today had been a long day.

One of his classmates in Advanced Potions had made the rookie mistake of using fresh bat heart, instead of its pickled counterpart, in a potion that had Romanian mountain ash as its main ingredient.

The resulting explosion, while not deadly, thank Merlin, had eaten through the floor and sent nearly half the class, including himself, into the room below them.

Now, that would have been bad enough, but of course the universe decided that it was not, in fact, satisfactory enough of a clusterfuck.

The room they fell into was the girls/submissive dressing room for the DADA department and just to top it off another, incomplete potion exploded and caused everyone's robes to turn to goo and slide off.

The resulting screams of the still dressing and showering occupants of the room had drawn their counterparts from the one next door, until the room was filled to bursting with naked and half dressed people.

Severus himself was to distracted to care about his state of dress as he and two other, more level headed students, fired shielding charms at the hole, just as two cauldron crashed together.

Sparks flashed before the crack of an explosion and a foul smell filled the air, but was quickly banished by the school's air freshening rune array.

Nevertheless, everyone was rushed to the medical center of campus, as the healing ward was to small to treat so many people at once.

Being dragged, ass out, across campus was not something Severus had ever wanted to experience again.

The healers had chosen against apperating them, afraid the sludge could react to the magic.

The rest of his classes were cancelled and Severus was grateful as he slumped into his bed, exhausted, not even bothering to remove the scrubs the hospital wing had given him.

He just lay their, completely knackered and vowing to himself he wouldn't get up until his classes started again the next day, food and general health be damned!

It was not to be, as a couple hours later his phone let up with an alarm.

Waking from his doze, Severus groaned and sat up in confusion.

Only half awake, the Fae reached for the device and just stared at it for a moment, trying to remember why it was ringing.

Looking at the note attached, he blinked and swore, slumping into his pillows again for a moment.

Severus had forgotten in all the excitement that he and Cameron had a date that evening.

The reminder had his stomach drop slightly and the young Fae frowned at his uneasy reaction, knowing the feeling was not caused by any fault lying with Cameron himself, but with what and where they were doing/going on their date.

The date was simple and even common among muggles, just a night staying in and watching movies in the non magical dorms.

The Fae supposed it showed just how far Cameron had earned his trust that Severus had even agreed and was only slightly nervous about being alone in a bedroom with someone who, despite, being nothing but a gentleman, is obviously a sexual being.

The older man hadn't even attempted to kiss him, obviously waiting for him to be comfortable enough to engage that affection himself and had seemed to content himself with simply hand holding, as well as a few brief hugs.