Interruptions & Fight

They never got to have that talk until the situation nearly blew up in their faces.

It all started when Severus not waking until the next morning, barely having enough time to run to his dorm for his books and make his first class.

After that it was like everyone and everything, wanted or needed their individual attention.

Just a never ending flow of interruptions.

Whether it be Cameron's coach calling him in for extra practices or Severus' thesis potion taking a wrong turn, they could barely get a moment just to acknowledge each other let alone spend time with one another.

To add to all of it, do to an incident in the muggle cemetery building, the professor was under investigation and suspended.

This caused the whole of Cameron's class to temporarily be moved to night classes, making their class schedules contradict one another's even more. 

The one time they had managed to make it work, Cameron's roommate had barged in, frantic as he had just received news of his neighborhood being attacked, his parents and sister being injured.

Saying the lack of time and contact was causing some tension between them would be an understatement.

What made this time worse for Severus was the fact that, since the panic attack, Cameron refused to kiss him.

Obviously wanting to talk first.

It was frustrating and nerve racking for the young Fae's, causing a pit of insecurity to build low in his stomach.

Sighing, Severus slammed his textbook shut.

He had reread the same paragraph over ten times and it had become clear he wasn't going to be able to focus enough to understand it.

Getting up from his desk, the Fae knew brewing would be to dangerous in his current state, so he grudgingly settled for a walk.

Readying himself, Severus exited his building and headed for the schools Herbalist Garden.

Do to Agricultural and Herbology students who used the garden as a practical classroom, it was always well maintained and in constant bloom no matter the season.

It was as if you walked into a part of nature untouchable to time and decay.

Taking a deep breath, the Fae let the scent of earth and greenery fill his lungs and attempting to sooth his turbulent mind.

For the first time since they met all those months ago, Severus was unsure of where he stood with Cameron.

While the older man had said he didn't mind the Fae's issues, it was evident that what happened that day was the cause of the man pulling away slightly.

The whole ordeal still frustrated and embarrassed Severus and this whole situation didn't help in easing his mind, doing quite the opposite actually.

Paula had said Severus shouldn't be so worried, that Cameron cared for him and advised him not to jump to conclusions until they had time to sit and talk.

The rationale part of him knew she was right, but he couldn't help feeling, that it was Lily all over again.

She had said she cared for him, loved him, and even seemed to enjoy his company, but a couple of missteps on his part and words spoken in anger was all it took for her to leave.

Severus' was afraid the same was happening to Cameron.

That he was pushing the older man away with his flaws and baggage.