Backlash & Awake

A/N: Sorry I've been gone, but I kind of spiralled, so yeah. All I can do is apologize and promise to update you if it happens again. Thanks again for reading my book!

Dream Scape/Spirit World/Coma Brain Floating

Severus was floating.

He couldn't focus and thoughts seemed to slip away from him like mist being blown away by a gentle breeze.

The young Fae didn't know how long he drifted, but despite being unable to think Severus, knew.

He knew, that he was missing something, that something was wrong.

Suddenly, the mist cleared and Severus felt his feet hit solid ground.

Gasping, the young Fae's eyes snapped open and was met by the sight of a familiar field and a familiar face.

Manny stood in front of him, a sad smile on their face.

Severus blinked in confusion, still a little foggy, before frowning.

"I'm not dead again, am I?" The Fae asked softly, not quite knowing how to process the idea of dying again.

Last time he had been ready, even longed to slip away to reunite with his mother, but now he had so much he wanted to do.

So many people waiting for him.

Manny sighed, pursing their lips.

"No, but it was a close call my child." They said, bringing a hand up to caress his cheek.

Narrowing his eyes, Severus looks into Manny's pale eyes.

"Then why am I here? What happened?" He demanded.

Again, the spirit sighed.

"As I have warned, Fate does not like those no longer tethered by them." They said looking grim.

"The more mortals bend to their will, the more power Fate gathers. But because their own abilities are bond by their loom it only takes a couple of threads to ruin their tapestry. Our strength comes from those who fallow our will willingly. Like all beings, Fate can only guide, so know that all decisions, though heavy with their influence, are indeed the own choses of those Fate has chosen to weave." The moon spirit said.

The world around them swirled and Severus stopped breathing as it settled.

They were standing in a dim ritual room.

Ritual rooms were used and created by pure blood families to conduct privet rituals and family magic.

These rooms were always hidden within the family's ancient manors and none but those of blood or those allowed by the Lord may enter.

But, it was not the room that halted his breath, but its occupants.

Potter, Evens, Black, and Lupin all sat in the center of the room in white robes, a ring of runes encircled them.

The image was frozen and Manny scowled gently at the scene.

"Unfortunately not only have your mates decided to ignore the fact that they have a sub mate, but have also decided to attempt and replace your place in their bond with young Miss Evens." They said lowly, displeasure obvious in their tone.