𝗼𝐧𝐞.

DAKOTA RENEE EVANS was tired of walking around the mall

DAKOTA RENEE EVANS was tired of walking around the mall. She had stopped by a whole bunch of stores and fast food restaurants only to leave disappointed.

Dakota needed a job. Dakota needed a job as soon as possible. Well to be completely honest, Dakota needed money.

The Evans girl wanted to be a professional dancer. Dakota had been dancing for as long as she could remember, it was her passion. She often imagined herself on stage in front of a huge audience, dancing to her heart's content. Wanting to someday achieve that dream, she found a school that could help her get to where she wanted to be.

The only flaw was there was a tuition fee to go to the prestigious school, and Dakota's parents didn't want her going.

They were the type of parents who put the girl in dance, made her work hard at it day in and day out all her life, only to wait until she was old enough for a lifelong career to not agree with the idea of it anymore and belittling her dreams by saying "it's not a real job" or "dancing isn't going to get you anywhere in life, it's a hobby not a career".

Dakota didn't care though. She knew this was her calling, dance was the only thing she could see herself doing for the rest of her life. Not some 9 to 5 job she'd hate forever. Dakota Renee Evans refused to live a life of what ifs, only oh wells.

Knowing immediately that her parents wouldn't spend their money on a school only catered to dance, the girl decided to get a job.

So here she was, walking into the infamous Sonic Boom music store, her last and only hope at finding a place to work.

"Hi uh excuse me." Dakota greeted a brunette who looked about her age as she reached the front desk. "You work here right?"

"I'm behind the desk aren't I?" The brunette quipped. "Can I help you with something?"

"Uh yeah, I was wondering if you guys were hiring." Dakota smiled. "I'm kind of in need of a job at the moment."

"Really?" The girl asked as Dakota nodded. "Oh my, that would be in—"

"Absolutely not necessary." A man came up behind the brunette teen.

"But Dad if you ju—"

"Ally no, we don't need anyone else." The man turned to his now revealed daughter Ally.

"I really like your shirt sir, it really shows how well you take care of yourself and your store which I very much admire." Dakota complimented.

"You're hired." He walked over to shake the girl's hand. "You can start tomorrow, hi i'm Lester Dawson, that's my daughter Ally Dawson. If you need any help ask Ally."

Dakota smiled, "Wow thank you so much."

"Of course. Well I'm off to the accordion convention." Lester nodded as he walked away.