𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

ALLY'S mom was home from Africa

ALLY'S mom was home from Africa. To celebrate her return and her new book, they had a book release party planned for her that Austin was supposed to sing at.

Dakota had been chilling in the practice room with both Austin and Ally as they wrote a new song for the upcoming event.

She was currently hiding from Trish and Dez who had been pressing her about this crush on Austin, and his crush on her which she now knew existed thanks to Dez.

Being in a room with Austin and Ally, who also knew about the crush and wouldn't let it go, wasn't the best case scenario, but it's all she had at the moment.

"What's the next line?" Austin asked Ally.

"If you want a friend." Ally explained reading off of the lines from the book.

"Right. Friend." Austin started. "I like that."

Ally looked up from the book with furrowed eyebrows. "Okay..."

"I mean Dakota what do you think?" Austin turned to the girl suddenly.

"What?" Dakota's eyes widened.

"Do you think friend is a good enough word? I mean I like it. I'm just wondering what you think." Austin rushed out.

"Oh. Yeah, it's a good word, gets the job done. I like it." Dakota rambled on a little.

"So you don't think we should use a stronger word?" Austin pushed slightly.

"Oh you're doing this now?" Ally looked in between the two friends.

Dakota laughed nervously, "Well maybe."

"Really?" Austin raised his eyebrows.

"Well yeah, but I just don't want to mess up our— your... song..." Dakota stated.

"Yeah, I'd hate to rush into a new song and the song we— Ally and I already have." Austin agreed.

"Are you kidding?" Ally deadpanned.

Soon enough, Trish and Dez then came walking into the room interrupting the strange conversation Austin and Dakota were having as Ally sat and watched them.

"Hey guys! What's up?" Trish asked. "Anything new?"

"Nope, just writing a song." Ally shook her head. "And talking about it apparently."

"So why is Dakota in here?" Trish questioned.

"I'm hiding from you two." Dakota said.

"Fair enough." Trish said.

"So nothings... changed?" Dez asked looking at Austin and Dakota.

"Well we finished the third verse." Austin put his lips into a line.

"So, Dakota, just by witnessing this song being written, would you say that some progress has been made?" Trish walked over to her.

Dakota blankly stared at her, "Trish can I talk to you for a minute?"