eleven pt. 1

"Did you say thank you?" Zylin asked Nevaeh as she walked back to his side.

"No." She shrugged, irritated that the lady only gave her two pieces of candy. It was Halloween night and Zylin always took Nevaeh trick or treating. This year she was a Clovers Cheerleader.

"Don't play with me take yo ass back up there and say thank you." Zylin frowned. Nevaeh crossed her arms and stomped back up the driveway of the house that gave out candy.

"Mean ass li girl." He mumbled, watching Nevaeh tell the white people thank you. Nevaeh was definitely a mean girl unless it came down to her dad or maw maw. She simply thought everything was about her and what she wanted.

Nevaeh came back to his side and connected hands with Zylin while her other hand held her candy bucket. Zylin had told her that he wasn't holding it since she wanted the candy.

"Daddy I wanna go to that house." She pointed at the spooky decorated house, that had fake blood all over the driveway.

"No, I don't like that one." He shook his head. The particular house was known for scaring kids. The man that lived there would dress up as the Texas Chainsaw man and everytime a kid came close to the door he would turn his real chainsaw on and scare them away.

"But I really wanna." Nevaeh whined.

"Alright take ya ass up there then." Zylin smirked. Nevaeh grinned and walked up the driveway with two other kids. Zylin watched as the man got his chainsaw ready. Sometimes Nevaeh had to learn lessons herself.

As soon as Nevaeh and the other two kids got to the porch he turned the chainsaw on and yelled, making Nevaeh scream to the top of her lungs. Zylin burst into laughter when Nevaeh came running back down the driveway.

She tried to climb up his legs but failed miserably being that Zylin was laughing at her. "I told yo ass." He laughed putting her to her feet.

His laughter had finally died down as he finally looked at Nevaeh who had tears in her eyes. He smacked his lips and picked her up. "Next time you gone listen." He mumbled.

Going to two more houses, Nevaeh started to complain that her bucket was getting heavy. "That mean it's time to go home then." Zylin stated. He told Nevaeh that if she complained one time about her bucket, that they were going home.

"Can I eat some?" Nevaeh asked.

"No. I gotta check it first." Zylin replied, taking her hand and going in the opposite direction back to their house. Nevaeh complained the whole way back being that her feet were hurting.

"Go head and get ya bag so we can go." Zylin stated as they entered their house. Tonight was the night that he was going to see Heaven at the club. Nevaeh was staying at her maw maw's house for the weekend.

"And don't forget to get that homework folder." He added on, plopping down on the couch. For some dumb reason, Nevaeh's teacher sent homework home over the weekend. Her teacher was one of those people who believed that kids should have homework every single day.

Nevaeh came down with her sparkly duffel bag that had the letter N on the side. It was filled with her night clothes, a couple of outfits, and her bronchitis machine.

Now making their way to the car, they both buckled up and started their way to Zylin's mom house. He figured he would stop at Mcdonald's to get her a happy meal for dinner since he knew his mom didn't cook the day before Sunday.

"I need a nugget happy meal with sweet and sour and a sprite." Zylin ordered, putting the car in park.

"Fries or apple slices?" He asked Nevaeh.