forty nine

two weeks later....

"Hey Heaven, I was just letting you know that Daloni is playing on my phone in your room." Solana announced, walking in the kitchen, getting Heaven's attention.

"Okay boo. Is it okay if you and papa stay with Jayda for like two days. I was going to pick up two extra shifts, and I didn't want to leave you guys here by yourself." Heaven replied, looking up from her MacBook.

Solana chewed on the inside of her cheek, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "Um, can we just stay here? This can be the time that I can prove to you that I won't do anything. I promise."

"I don't know So, I know it's been a while and I've seen improvements. I'm just a little hesitant on that idea right now." Heaven replied.

"Heaven I swear I won't do anything to break your trust. Especially when your son is here. Can I please just have one chance?" Solana pleaded. She wanted so badly for Heaven to trust her, even though she knew it would be hard to.

"I'll think about it." Heaven nodded.

Gunshots from a distance rang out startling Heaven and Solana. "Did you hear that?" Heaven frowned.

"Yeah. Sound like it from a distance." Solana nodded.

"When was the last time you got some sleep?" Solana frowned, seeing the huge bags around Heaven's eyes. For the last week or two, she watched Heaven pick up extra shifts at her job, and she rarely saw Heaven eat or sleep.

Jayda had quit the hospital because she was tired of Sharon and her tactics, so Solana and Daloni would spend some nights at Jayda's while Heaven drowned herself in work.

"I took a nap earlier. I'm just trying to work, because I really want to get out of Chicago. I'm trying to be sitting on more money so when we get to the new state I won't have to jump back in so soon." Heaven sighed, with a small smile.

"Have you talked to him?" Solana asked, taking a seat at the kitchen island across from Heaven.

"No, not since he left. He blocked me on everything. I haven't even talked to Nevaeh." Heaven sighed, rubbing her hand through her tangled curls.

Solana was still friends with Zylin on her account, and she was even helping him with something. She was sad that Heaven was loosing herself. Sadly, she knew how it felt.

"Papa rings the bell at the end of the week, I told Jayda to tell him but I don't even know if he'll show up." Heaven added. She knew that the situation was messy, but she still hoped that Zylin would show up for Daloni's big celebration.

"I'm sure he wouldn't miss such a big moment." Solana mumbled.

She watched as Heaven took shakily breaths trying not to let the emotions take over. "Are you sure that you're fine with moving? Like as far as your counseling sessions, do you want to wait until you're completely done?"

"Well I only go in-person once every two weeks. I can ask her if we can switch to virtual. The move will be great for all of us." Solana shrugged.

"Heaven are you okay?" Solana frowned, seeing Heaven make painful faces.

"Yeah boo I'm fine. Just a little stomach pain, nothing major." Heaven nervously chuckled, slightly wincing at the excruciating cramps that were hitting her stomach.

"I'll get you some water." Solana nodded, standing to her feet. She walked around the island and opened the refrigerator fetching a cold bottle of water. She opened the top and handed it to Heaven.

"So, Vae call!" Daloni shouted, running into the kitchen with nothing but his spider-man boxers on.

Solana took the phone, and answered it. She sat the phone on the counter, waiting for Nevaeh to say something.