ten

Heaven sat at the desk across from Da'Loni's room and just stared at the see-through window. Every since he was intubated she always avoided actually going inside. It wasn't that she didn't want to, she was just scared.

She missed him so much, his clinginess, his giggles, but she more so missed holding him while he slept. Although she didn't want Da'Loni to die, she didn't want him suffering anymore. She had officially accepted that he had ran his life course. As much as it hurt for her to believe it, she knew there was nothing anybody could do.

"Hey boo, how are you?" Jayda asked, walking in with two Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothies. One for her and Heaven. Both girls literally drank smoothies more than they ate real food. The protein and energy boosters was what kept them going.

"I'm making it Jay, what about you?" Heaven replied, taking the smoothie from her.

"Girl same, Angel is running me crazy. Her class is having a pizza party and she had the nerve to tell me that she told her teacher that I'll pay for everything." Jayda sighed. Jayda had a seven-year old daughter named Angel.

Jayda got pregnant at eighteen by her boy best friend. Everyone expected it being that they were so close and clingy to each other. Jayda's babydaddy never left her side, they weren't a couple but they were doing great co-parenting. If you were on the outside looking in, you would think that Jayda and her babydaddy were a couple being that they were always with each other and planning family dates, but that wasn't the case. They were simply best friends.

"Angel said what she said." Heaven chuckled.

Jayda only shook her head and went to punch in. She had a long shift today being that she wasn't getting off until the next morning.

"So you and Zylin." Jayda smirked, nudging Heaven's shoulder. A small smile crept on Heaven's face as her cheeks immediately started hurting from the blushing.

"We're just like vibing and enjoying each other's company. Jayda is it to early to say I like him? Like everytime I'm around him my stomach does backflips." Heaven stated.

"Of course it's not to early. There is no time limit on love or developing feelings. If the vibe is genuine and pure than of course you'll start developing something. As long as you two have a understanding then everything else should just fall in place." Jayda explained.

"But we kissed." Heaven blurted out.

"Babe, was it forced or did you like it?"

"I loved it." Heaven immediately responded.

"Then who cares that y'all kissed. Y'all are grown as hell Heaven. If y'all enjoyed the kiss then that's all that matters." Jayda nodded. Jayda could tell that Heaven was nervous about being with Zylin, she knew Heaven's back story, and she knew that Heaven struggled with being accepted.

"You right. With his li fine chocolate ass. Jayda I swear that man was made with time and dedication." Heaven grinned just thinking about Zylin.

"Aw y'all are so adorable. He does the same time when he's talking to me." Jayda cooed, rubbing her hands in sanitizer.

"Foreal? What he say?" Heaven jumped up, about to follow Jayda into one of her patient's rooms.

Before Jayda could respond Sharon cleared her throat getting everybody's attention. "There will be random drug tests today so be prepared. Also I need copies of everyone's insurance contracts. If you have not found an insurance company, you will be suspended until you do so."

Heaven's heart dropped at the first part of Sharon's speech. She remembered that she had just smoked the night before she got to work. Even though she drank water, she knew it wasn't flushed out that quick.