The First Fight

Ella's P.O.V.

I put my earbuds in my ears as I laid down on my bed. I had spent almost all day helping Alfred clean the manor, despite him telling me it wasn't necessary. Still, I insisted and he finally gave me a few chores to do. Just because I had been through some stuff recently didn't mean I just wanted to lay about all day and do nothing. Besides, cleaning the manor was relaxing. It was kept in pretty good condition by Alfred alone, but with my help it took half the time to clean it than usual. I think Alfred was impressed with the work I did.

I heard the faint sound of the door open and I peaked open an eye to see Bruce. I smiled and closed my eye again. I felt calm and relaxed with Bruce, I didn't feel the need to keep my eyes on him as he walked around in the room. I felt a small tug on my earbud cord and I looked over to see Bruce was looking at what I was listening to. He frowned and looked down at me.

"What?" I asked, pulling out the earbud so I could hear him clearly.

"I don't want you listening to this," Bruce stated and I frowned.

"Why?"

"I don't want this getting into your head."

I raised a brow. Get into my head? Ah, he must be referring to the title of the song. Monster. 

"Bruce, it's not as bad as you think it is," I said, offering him the earbud. "Just listen, it's not a bad song or anything."

"I know this song, I don't like it."

I started to become irritated.

"Since when do you control my life?" I snapped. Bruce's eyes widened, and so did mine.

What did I just say? I quickly got up and ran out of the room, wanting to avoid confrontation.

"Ella!" I heard Bruce call after me, but I didn't look back.

I ran into the kitchen to find Alfred cleaning the counters. He turned to me and his eyes widened.

"Miss Eleanor, are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm fine," I assured, reaching to grab a water bottle from the fridge.

"But you're crying."

I reached up to brush my cheek and found he was right, my eyes widening before I quickly wiped them away. I can't believe I cried over something like that.

"I'll be in the library," I stated before turning and walking out, not listening to Alfred as he called after me.

I knew he meant well, but I just wanted to be alone for a little.

Bruce's P.O.V.

"Ella!" I called, but she didn't answer.

Of course she won't answer. But she's right, I have been... controlling her I guess. I just don't want to see her hurt anymore. I don't want her to have nightmares. I thought I was doing what was best for her, but I had to remember I was just her boyfriend. I could look out for her, but in the end it would always be her decision and her choice to listen to me or not. God, how can I be so stupid? I had to apologize to her. I walked into the kitchen to see Alfred.

"Want to explain to me why Miss Eleanor ran through here crying?" Alfred asked, looking me dead in the eye.

I sighed and told Alfred what happened. He frowned and shook his head.

"I know, I know," I said. "I shouldn't have said anything."

"Especially ever since what happened," Alfred said and I nodded.

"I guess that's why I felt the need to be controlling in the first place. I don't want anything like that to happen to her again."

"It is alright to be concerned, Master Bruce, but Miss Eleanor is perfectly capable of taking care of herself. Babying her will only push her away. In a relationship you must be equally dependent and reliant of each other. If you tip the scale one way or the other, things will start to take a nasty turn."

"You're right, Alfred. Thank you. I need to go apologize."

"She went to the library."

I nodded and quickly made my way to the library. I peeked inside to see Ella in a back corner of the room, a thick book in her hands.

"Ella?" I asked cautiously, walking in.

She glanced at me and then back to the book. I cautiously sat down next to her and took her hand in mine. She still didn't look at me, flipping a page with her other hand.

"I admit, I have been a bit controlling," I said. "And I'm really sorry. Can you please forgive me?"

Ella marked her place in the book before setting it down, sighing and nodding.

"I'm the one who should be sorry," she whispered. "I shouldn't have snapped at you."

I shushed her quietly and started to play with her hair.

"I deserved it. I promise I'll try to be less controlling for now on."

Ella smiled a bit and looked up at me. She hugged me and I smiled as I hugged her back.

"Your apology is accepted, Bruce. I love you."

"I love you too Ella."

And I'm sorry I give you nightmares. 

All of my socials ;)

https://www.tiktok.com/@faith_starwalker?lang=en

https://www.twitch.tv/faith_starwalker

https://www.faithstarwalker.com/

https://www.instagram.com/faithstarwalker/

https://twitter.com/FaithStarwalker

https://www.quotev.com/FaithStarwalker