Birthday

Ella's P.O.V.

"Bruce?" I called, walking around the house. "Alfred?"

I sighed, giving up. I couldn't find either of the men of the house, which was really weird. I tried going downstairs to the main ballroom but it was locked for some reason. I walked into my room to see a fancy dress and shoes on the bed, a note beside it.

 I walked into my room to see a fancy dress and shoes on the bed, a note beside it

"Don't come down till 7, OK princess? I thought you might look good in this ;)"

I rolled my eyes and smiled as I looked at the clock. It was only noon, so I had seven hours to kill. Thankfully, despite not being able to go downstairs, I had plenty of books up here in Bruce and my room. With music and a good book, the time almost flew right over my head. When I finally looked up at the clock it was already six-thirty.

I put on the dress and shoes and smiled at my reflection in the mirror. I didn't look too bad, the dress complimented my features well. I went into the bathroom and put on a bit of makeup.

6:59

I rushed out of my room and to the stairway. An unusual silence filled the house, but when I looked at the ground rose petals made a trail to the ballroom. I grinned.

"He's so cute," I thought, thinking of Bruce as I made my way to the ballroom.

I gasped in surprise as people cheered when I walked in. Just about everyone I knew was here!

"Happy birthday!" Everyone cheered.

I gasped and immediately looked at Bruce, who walked up to me and kissed my cheek.

"Right on time, Princess," he said with a wide smile. "Happy birthday. Ella."

"Bruce, this is amazing," I breathed out. "I-I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. Just enjoy the night, it's all for you."

I smiled widely as I spotted friends in the crowd. I smiled up at Bruce as he led me into the room.

"This is wonderful Bruce," I whispered. "Thank you so much."

"It's going to get better," he whispered into my ear.

My heart fluttered, and I fell even more in love. We walked into the crowd and everyone started greeting me. I looked over to see Barry, Caitlin, Cisco, Joe, and Iris in the crowd, waving me over. I gasped and rushed towards them, squealing as I hugged Barry and Iris.

"I can't believe you guys are here!" I exclaimed and they laughed.

"It's your birthday, sis, of course we're here!" Barry said and I laughed as I embraced Kaitlin and Cisco.

"I've missed you guys so much," I said, hugging Joe.

"We've missed you too, speed sister," Joe said, calling me by my pet name.

I introduced them to Bruce and we all hung out for a while. Hours passed of dancing, good food, wine, and all of my best friends and more. Even friends from Metropolis were here! Bruce really thought of everything.

Eventually, Bruce managed to slip away, and I started looking for him.

"Bruce?" I called, but I couldn't find him.

I sighed. He was probably called away to go be the Batman. I couldn't blame him, he had stayed for as long as he could. And this night was already so amazing, he had given it his all. 

"Eleanor Allen?" Someone called on the microphone. I turned to see Bruce on the small stage that was set up. "Can you come up to the stage please?"

I raised a brow as I made my way to the front. I got on the stage and stood in front of Bruce, who had a huge, genuine, smile on his face.

"Ella," he said. "I know people may say this is a big step, but I know that no step is too big when you're in love. I think now is the perfect time to do this. From the moment I met you I knew there was something there. Actually, it was Alfred who predicted one day I'd be doing this, and I didn't believe him. Good thing I was wrong."

Bruce went on one knee and I gasped, along with a lot of people in the crowd. Bruce pulled out a small black box and opened it to reveal a huge, beautiful diamond ring.

"Eleanor Allen, will you marry me?"

I covered my mouth with my hands to keep in a squeal as I nodded rapidly.

"Yes."

All of my socials ;)

https://www.faithstarwalker.com/

https://www.tiktok.com/@faith_starwalker?lang=en

https://www.twitch.tv/faith_starwalker

https://www.instagram.com/faithstarwalker/

https://twitter.com/FaithStarwalker

https://www.quotev.com/FaithStarwalker

https://archiveofourown.org/users/Faith_Starwalker