One Year Later... The Bat in the Belfry

Ella's P.O.V.

I smiled as the Bat Mobile zoomed back into the Bat Cave after a long night. Bruce jumped out of it, grabbed the pole, and shot up to the floor I was on.

"Catch him?" I asked. 

Bruce chuckled as he took off his mask. "Yeah," he said as he pulled me into a kiss.

"Surprise!" Alfred and I exclaimed, as we moved over to show a cake with three candles. 

Bruce smiled, but his expression turned puzzled.

"I'm touched guys, but it isn't my birthday... Did I forget our anniversary?"

 I giggled. "No," I assured.

"It's been three years since you've become the Batman," Alfred explained. Bruce looked at the cake and then at us.

"Three years..." He mumbled. "So much has happened." 

Alfred and I nodded.

"Come now, sir. Make a wish." 

Bruce looked at the cake for a moment. "I wish..." He started, but then he closed his eyes. 

I took Bruce's hand in mine. "I wish they were here too," I said, knowing that Bruce was thinking about his parents.

"To the memory of Thomas and Martha Wayne," Bruce said before blowing out the candles. Bruce wrapped an arm around me, and I leaned on him. "The reason I became the Batman."

Next Morning... Bruce's P.O.V.

Ella and I were in bed, watching the news as Alfred poured cereal for breakfast.

"Chief Rohan," a reporter on the TV said. "Can you confirm the rumors that it was the Batman who apprehended Rupert Thorn and his gang last night?"

"Do you know anyone who's ever seen this Batman?" Chief Rohan asked. The reporters shook their heads. "That's because he's what's called an 'Urben Legend'."

"Well, that cheeky-" Alfred went to snap, but paused as he poured the cereal. "Corn flakes, sir, ma'am?"

"Easy, Alfred," I said. "The Batman's right where he wants to be, right below the radar."

"You are not one to bask in glory, master Bruce."

"There you have it," the reporter said. "In only three years' time, our crime rate has dropped to a nationwide low, thanks to Gotham's Finest! Back to you Jim."

"And now, Billionaire Bruce and Eleanor Wayne donated a presidential sum of money to Gothems Children's hospital. And in sports, Gotham Gators play a home game tonight."

Alfred turned off the TV. "Which Billionaire Bruce and Eleanor Wayne will be there to enjoy," Alfred stated. "Your season sir, miss." 

Alfred handed me game tickets and I frowned.

"Oh, t-tonight?" I asked. "But I-"

"Had work to do in the Bat Cave? For the Batman to better stay below the radar, Bruce Wayne must stay above it."

Ella looked up at me with big eyes. "Please?" She asked. "I don't want to go alone this time."

I smiled and I pulled Ella closer to me. I felt a little bad, I had been spending a lot of time in the cave recently.

"Alright, princess," I said. "I'll go with you."

Ella smiled brightly and kissed me. "Thank you." 

I smiled and kissed her head softly. "Anything for my beautiful wife."