Bird of Prey

Hey guys! I'm going to be publishing a little book where I show off my OC's from all of my fanfictions, with bios and pictures of them (that I made on Artbreeder). I thought it would be fun if I added a section where the OC answers questions from the readers!

So, if you could ask Ella ANYTHING, what would you ask her? Or if you have questions for me about how I designed Ella, the story, etc, go ahead and ask them too!

Bruce's P.O.V.

It was a late night in Gotham, and I had followed several birds carrying money sacks to a high point in the city. As I had expected, on a building I spotted Penguin waiting for his pets to come home with the spoils. I threw a batarang and cut the handles of the sacks the birds were carrying, before dropping in front of where Penguin stood.

"Sorry to rain on your parade, Penguin," I said.

"Ha!" Penguin laughed. "I'm always prepared for inclimate weather."

He pointed his umbrella at me and it started to spin, sharp blades on the end. I jumped out of the way before he could slice me and tried throwing a batarang at it.

"Chop chop, Batman," Penguin taunted.

He threw the umbrella at me and it broke the end of the tip of a building I was leaning on and I fell over the side. I used a grappling hook to save myself from falling, looking up to see Penguin escaping using his umbrella. I jumped down into the batcycle and chased after him, using it to maneuver onto higher-up train tracks. Spotting an opening, I sped up and allowed the bike to fly off the tracks. I jumped off and grabbed onto Penguin's ankles, causing him to lose balance and crash us onto the side of a building. Penguin fell onto a pile of trash and I landed on my feet in front of him.

"Back to your cage, Penguin," I stated.

"Not before we rattle yours," Penguin stated with a small grin.

"We?"

I turned to see his two kabookie girls, who caught me off guard and kicked me onto a nearby car. I groaned and looked up to find them and Penguin loading into a van and driving off, Penguin laughing. I groaned. I had lost them for the night.

A Few Days Later... Ella's P.O.V.

Alfred and I were in the kitchen, he cooking, when Bruce entered after a night of patrolling.

"Well it's about time Master Bruce, the television people will be there any moment!" Alfred scolded.

"You sure we have to go through with this, Alfred?" Bruce asked.

Today we were going to have a television crew follow us through our 'day-to-day' lives. A Day In the Life, they called it.

"Need I remind you it's vitally important that you cultivate your public image."

"But Melony Brandwell has a reputation for making private lives a little too public," I pointed out. "Trust me, I worked with her once. It's frightening."

"I could be flirting with disaster," Bruce stated.

"Yes, well, unfortunately avoiding the press only piques their curiosity," Alfred pointed out.

"Ugh, fine." Bruce turned to me. "Are you sure you can't stay at Wayne Industries all day?" I smiled softly.

"Yes, I promised Alfred I'd help with the large dinner," I said. "Plus I need to tend to the garden and figure out where Penguin will be next. Besides, you said you didn't even want me here in the first place. You tried to send me to stay with Barry."