JTV

Hey guys, sorry it's been a hot minute since I last updated, it's been a very very hectic summer! Trying to go back to publishing every 2 weeks :) 

Ella's P.O.V.

For once it appeared to be a relaxing night at Wayne Manor. Bruce and I were watching an away Gators basketball game, just enjoying the moment. I was leaning against him, curled up on the couch, and he had his legs propped up on the table. It was nice, and rare, to enjoy peaceful moments like this. I was thankful for it.

"Coming through, sir," Alfred said as he was dusting, referring to Bruce's propped-up legs.

"Take a load off, Alfred," Bruce encouraged.

Alfred thought about it for a moment. "Jolly good then," he said before sitting next to me. The TV started to static and fuzz up. "Oh dear, I trust you two did pay the cable bill."

"Yeah, last week," I said.

The image on the TV changed from the basketball game to what looked like a broadcast from Joker.

"Good evening Gotham!" The clown prince of crime said.

"Joker," Bruce said, sitting up with alarm.

"It's me! Your most underrated entertainer. Oh, how I've tried to make you all laugh, but I'm not feeling the love, people. Every time I bring my brand of funny to Gotham the only sound I hear is..." He held up a toy cricket and smashed it. "But who can blame you? You're all glued to your idiot boxes. And since the media chooses to focus on the tragic side of my crime career, it seems some hilarious counter-programming is in order. So stay tuned for my brand new sitcom, Me And The Mayor! What happens when you team the crazy crime clown with Gotham's very own Mayor Grange?" A cartoon Joker hit a cartoon mayor in the head with a hammer. It then showed a picture of Mayor Grange with a fake mouth.

"Don't miss comedy folks," the fake mayor said before it switched back to Joker.

"And it premieres tonight! On my very own private network, JTV! Just as soon as I abduct my co-star."

Joker laughed and Bruce immediately stood, heading for the cave.

"Want me to tape the game for you?" I called out.

"Yes!" Bruce replied before disappearing down into the cave.

Bruce's P.O.V.

I quickly changed before heading for the Mayor's office. I tried to call Detective Yin on Batwave, but she wouldn't answer. When I arrived, Joker had just taken the mayor, so I quickly pursued them. I eventually caught up to the purple and orange-colored limo Joker was in, jumping on the roof and looking down through the clear glass.

One of his big goons, Punch, came up onto the roof as well and I got into a stance. We were fighting when the limo violently turned, almost causing me to completely slide off. I punched Punch away from me, and Joker poked his head out.

"Hmph," he said. "Might have a better chance of losing him in something sportier."

He went back in, and all of a sudden the limo split in half, between me and Punch.

"Happy trails, buddy!" Joker called and he waved.

I jumped off of the broken end of the limo before it crashed into a truck. I was about to pursue Joker again, when a motorcycle jumped over me and turned to face me. Oh, great. It was Yin's new partner, Detective Cash Tankenson. He got off the bike and took off his helmet.

"Say hello to Cash Tankenson," he said with a grin, pulling out his gun. "The detective who finally arrests the Batman."

"Look, the Mayor's-" I went to say.