6. An official member

When Tanjiro noticed that the boy they had saved from the mutilated demon wasn't part of the survivors, he grew very depressed.

"He's gone, and it's all because I blacked out." He said sadly. "I couldn't save him."

"Tanjiro..." Yua thought sadly.

She understood how he felt. That sense of helplessness, of not being able to save anyone when it mattered. That's how she had felt when the demon had killed their older brother.

She heard the yellow haired boy next to her mutter something about being toast. It was really funny considering he had survived that nasty forest but part of her understood him.

His haori was the same color as his eyes and hair and had white triangle patterns. His eyes held fear as he trembled.

Yua felt quite curious about him. Despite being quite frightened, the boy had survived the forest. He had to be incredibly powerful. There was no way he would have survived otherwise.

She felt the urge to talk to him. As she moved to approach him, the Master's children suddenly appeared once more distracting her from the boy's ramblings.

The two girls welcomed them back and congratulated the five of them for making it back alive.

Genya being,well - Genya, just had to demand his sword.

Oh gimme a break, can't you just wait for a few moments? She thought as she anime cried.

"Genya-kun. Impatient as ever." Yua said.

It was a good feeling knowing her fellow comrades, Shinazaguwa Genya and Tsuruyi Kanao had come back alive. Given they were an odd bunch with nothing in common except being siblings of the current Hashira, Yua still smiled at the fact that there would be a few familiar faces.

She just hoped all three of them would be able to live up to the Master's expectations and maybe one day be worthy successors to their Hashira.

Luckily the two girls were thinking the same thing she was as they told him to be patient. Apparently, they had to get their uniforms first. It made a lot of sense in Yua's mind. There were a lot of things, more important things that they had to be given before they were issued with their Nichirin swords.

Oh, and they would be getting their ranks engraved onto the back of their hands.

The girls went on to explain the existing demon slayer ranks. There were ten ranks in total. Kinoe, Kinoto, Hinoe, Hinoto. Tsuchinoe, Tsuchinoto,Kanoe. Kanoto, Mizunoe and Mizunoto.

They were all starting at rank Mizunoto and this was the lowest rank in the Demon slayer corp.

Genya chose that moment to ask about the swords.

"In a moment you will be given a chance to choose the ore that will be used to forge your swords. However it'll be ten to fifteen days before the weapons are ready for you." The girls replied.

The mohawked boy wasn't too thrilled about this but he was ignored as one of the girls clapped her hands together.

Yua was startled when an elegant crow landed on her left shoulder. The bird was a regal creature from what she could tell by its posture.

"Now that you are demon slayers, you must each be assigned your own kasugai crow." One of the girls explained.

Yua stroked her crow's feathers.
"You're a pretty bird. I'm Yua, what's your name?" She asked excitedly.

Having spent a lot of time in the corp, she was no stranger to the talking crows and as such was not surprised when the bird responded.

"I'm Tenma, Lady Yua. It is an honor to serve you" The crow replied in a gentle voice.