1K Reads Special

A/N : This may or may not be canon to the story. I'm still deciding 😎....

Yua's POV

Practice in 10....

That's what Shinazaguwa - sama had said. I had come prepared with everything, my wooden sword ready for practice. So why the heck did this baka just hand me a bowl of fresh fruit?

"Hey, Shinazaguwa - sama, are these snacks for after practice?" I asked innocently. That was the only logical thing I could think of.

"Practice? Oh wait, you thought we were doing sword practice?" He asked curiously.

"Yes..." I replied, blinking in confusion.

I'm pretty sure I have an irk mark on my forehead.

"I meant we'll be doing some cooking practice." He replied with a shrug as if that was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Huh! How was I supposed to know that, baka!" I screamed at him in annoyance.

"Hey, who are you calling baka, you little brat!" He snapped back. "Besides, shouldn't you respect and listen to your elders? Come on, we haven't got all day. We need to make the Master some delicious desserts."

With that, he picked up a container from the ground that I figured was more ingredients.

Lord, give me the strength to shut my mouth.

Hm, since when does Shinazaguwa - sama cook? I would have thought Genya was the type to cook, not this big meanie. As we neared his kitchen, I couldn't help arch my eyebrow in confusion from all the girlie shrills that were coming from in there.

"Hey, nii-sama, did you finally get a girlfriend?" I asked with a sweet smile.

He looked at me like I had gone crazy.

"The f* are you talking about!" He snapped.

"Then did you invite Shinobu nii and Mitsuri ni-san ?" I asked in excitement as I skipped excitedly towards the kitchen.

Before he could say anything, I walked into the kitchen.

It wasn't who I thought it was. Standing there with the Sound Hashira , Uzui Tengen, where his three wives. Makio - San, Hinatsuru - San and Sumi - San where all pretty dusty from what I assumed was flour for making noodles and were arguing about what toppings to make.

I made my way to them and before I knew it I was being squashed in what I could only assume were hugs. The three ladies had always treated me like their baby. They always took turns spoiling me whenever they visited plus they were insanely overprotective. Seeing them here warmed my heart.

"Hey kid, hope you're ready to do  some flamboyant cooking!" Tengen - sama shouted as she handed me a bowl of dumplings.

"Are we making ramen noodles?" I asked in enthusiasm.

If we were cooking then it would be fair to at least get in one bowl of miso ramen noodles, my favorite meal of all time next to Sakura mochi of course.

"That depends. If you can flamboyantly finish all this cooking in record time then you bet we'll make some flamboyant miso ramen noodles!" He declared as he flashed a smile.

"Are you declaring a cook off?" I asked with a smirk. "Because the last time you did, Tengen-sama, you were a sore loser."

"We'll see if I can beat your flamboyant winning streak yet!"

If he says flamboyant one more time....

"If you say so," I said with a smile.

He knew exactly how to get me pumped up. I always looked forward to our cook offs. When I first got here, it was these four who had helped me find my happiness again. They had used my love for food to bring me out of my shell and cheer me up. Back then the death of our oldest brother still affected me and I had been greatly depressed. Mui ni-chan had been emotionally unavailable from the first second we had gotten here so it had been refreshing to find people from whom I could expect a little bit of sibling affection.

Eventually other Hashira had welcomed me as a sibling of sorts but it was these four who had been the first of my Hashira family.

I took some dough and began to roll it out. By the time I had the noodles in the pot and the toppings cooking, the kitchen was an absolute whirlwind. Tengen-sama was serious about not losing this time around. Sumi-san would occasionally give me some of the sweets and dumplings she was making and this made Makio-san snap at her a lot. Hinatsuru - San was left trying to meditate between the two of them.

Shinazaguwa-sama decided he wasn't going to join us in our 'childishness' as he called it. I just think he was a sore loser even far worse than Tengen-sama and didn't want to show it.

We had a lot of fun and by some miracle there was still lots of snacks left to serve even after Sumi-san and I had been munching away at them.

Tengen-sama lost the cook off, again but being the sore loser he was decided to cheat last second so it would seem like it was a tie.

"I'll get you next time, kid." He declared proudly, making me want to punch him.

"Yeah, right, like that'll ever happen. You're a sore loser, Tengen-sama, and now you're a cheat too!" I snapped, pointing my finger in accusation at him.

"Cheat? Me? It's not very nice saying someone as flamboyant as me is a cheat." He said with a smirk.

"Yeah? Well it's not very flamboyant losing to a kid like me and trying to cheat yourself to winning a simple cooking contest. You owe me a week's supply of Sakura mochi for that!" I declared.

"Did someone say sakura mochi?!" Came Mitsuri nii-chan's voice.

At that moment, I saw her burst through the kitchen doors with incredible speed.

"Whaaaa.... Did you have a cookout and forget to invite me?" She exclaimed as she started crying.

"Nii-chan, I promise I would have invited you if I knew that's what we were doing..." I tried to explain to her, but all it did was make her more sad.

"No!!! You're just saying that because you're too nice. You don't want to hurt my feelings."

"Aaah! Blame Shinazaguwa-sama, it's his fault." I said, trying to shift her attention.

"Hey!" He exclaimed in annoyance, but my ruse worked as she grew heart eyes.

"Shinazaguwa-san can cook? Oooh he's so cute and handsome." She beamed whilst the Wind Hashira grew red on his face before storming off in annoyance.

I laughed out loud before I offered the pink and green haired Hashira a platter of sakura mochi.