s1 e10

"are you zoned of are you actually staring at me right now?" she says in a whisper. don't test me, Alyssa.

"fuck," was all i could mouth.

before i knew it, my eyes were closed shut and our lips connected, moving in a quick kiss. it was seductive but passionate. it was quick and sweet.

"i did not just kiss my student.." she says in a whisper.

"you did not just pull that move," i shook head in disappointment. "you knew you were my teacher, you should've stopped me before i got that close. don't pull that move."

"fuck," she mumbled under her breath.

"ill just leave," i say while letting out a chuckle. "happy holidays, Alyssa."

"please dont tell your father we kissed," she blurted.

"that's not even his business and just drop that, we didn't kiss, plain and simple. so again, happy holidays, Miss. Adams."

•••

"why are you two acting so weird ?" Ava asked as we made our way out of the classroom. class was currently over and i was screaming for joy in the inside but outside, not so much.

"who?"

"you and Miss. Adams, it was like you acted like she wasn't there the whole class period."

"or maybe i was just focused on my work?" i say with a little laugh. "just because she's acting weird doesn't mean i am."

"did you and her have a heart to heart?"

"girl what are you talking about?" my face held pure confusion. "heart to heart ? girl, absolutely not. all i did was help her with her apartment."

"what if she's you know, lesbian?"

"how-" i shook my head as i took a breath. "Ava, how would Alyssa be lesbian if she date men? she dated my father you idiot."

"okay maybe, just maybe..bisexual?"

"or maybe just maybe, not my damn business? hush girl"

"why can't we talk about her? you always wanna talk about women, why not now ?"

"Ava i really just don't want to speak on her, we talked about her yesterday," i explained. "all you talk about is Alyssa like fuck her."

Ava sat there in shock trying to process what i had said. fuck Alyssa? i mean i didn't think id go as far as to say that but right now i didn't want to speak on her.

"wow," she says lowly. "well i don't want to sit in the house all day, can we go to the bar? shit."

"wouldn't you rather get high? fuck are you trying to down shots for ?

"don't say it like that," she says while shoving me. "not like you're not dying to drink, come out, let's go."

i sighed to myself, "Ava.."

•••

"loosen up," Ava says loudly.

"dude you're drunk and off your ass," i shook my head. "i had a few drinks but you? you had like a whole bottle."

"have some more, it's the weekend !" she nudges me while passing me a shot. "you ever got really really wasted and like had crazy sex dreams ?"

"Ava," i laughed. "you're so drunk it's ridiculous."

"no seriously, like Lana Dal Ray?" she lifted her brow. "she's hot as fuck."

"every female is hot to you when you're off your ass, Ava."

i won't lie, having a drink or two felt amazing but man did it kick your ass later that morning. Ava head is gonna be throbbing so badly.

"have you ever tried to touch the stars ? because i have," gosh, now she's just rambling. "really like Alex, they're so fucking shiny."

"they're stars Ava," every time this girl gets drink i have to speak to her like she's a baby. "like why wouldn't they be shiny? and why would we-we can't touch stars Ava."

"yes we can't, oh my gosh," she giggles. "oh my gosh where is my wallet? can i get another drink? my wallet, Alex !"

"girl can you calm down, i am sitting right next to you," i shot her a quick glance. "and your wallet is in your back pocket, or your bra, you stay putting shit in there."

"can we dance, let's dance," i was honestly drained and this drunk ass bitch right here was about to fall on her ass. "come on, one step, two step.. shit," she stumbled over her foot but immediately caught herself.

"you need to sit down," i held her arm for support. she was mainly leaning on me, she was not using her legs at all. "you're gonna fall on your ass."

"well you're holding me sooo."

"yeah because you're barely standing and if i do let you go, your face will meet the pavement, Ava."

"i just wanted to dance," she groans.

"you're a kid dude, you probably won't remember any of this tomorrow. just sit down."

"ugh," she lets out another loud groan.

the drive back home was smooth, quieter than usual but i believe Ava had went on off to sleep. when Ava get drunk, she gets drunk and man she never remembers it. this girl could jump off the roof and won't even remember it.

obviously she'd just sleep like a baby and deal with her pains in the morning but i on the other hand, am not so tired.

i could watch tv but i didn't have the energy to stare at a show and let it play because knowing me, i wouldn't even pay attention to it.

"just lay down Ava, I'll be downstairs and if you need me just text me, don't yell."

before i even walked away, i watched her sleep effortlessly in my bed. she laid there sound asleep, snoring like a 2 year old baby. it was cute.

i smiled to myself as i tucked her in before walking out and down the stairs. before i could make it to the living area the front door flew out and in came Alyssa.

"what are you doing here?"

"i actually been here ever since you left, your dad needed help with something and i was just here to help."

"you sure you two weren't fucking ?" i say with an effortless chuckle.

"why can't you just understand that your dad and i are friends?"

"because y'all were okay and all of a sudden, you move out and boom, you two are better off as friends."

"its complicated.." she says simply.

"only adults that dislike the truth find it complicated, nothings every complicated about the truth," i eyed her with a death stare.

"oh? and you're talking?"

"if this is about my scar, I told you i didn't wanna speak on that. at least not right now, plus shouldn't you be heading home?"

she stared into my eyes and all i could see was her cold brown eyes, fuck she was hot. it was like she was holding back.

"come with me," she says suddenly. i stood there in pure disbelief, trying to understand what she was saying.

"huh?"

"come with me, Alex," she repeated. okay, im not hearing things.

"Ava is upstairs," i ran my hands through my hands as i took a breath. "she's sleeping."

"im not taking you out the country, just out the house for an hour or two."

"okay," i gave her a nod.