s2 e1

the night passed painful fast and before i knew it my dad, Ava, Alyssa, and i were all back home. we were all in the living room area watching a comedy and it was pretty funny.

the silence wasn't so quiet anymore. the living room rang with our laughter and it was relaxing.

suddenly there was a knock on the door and we all eyed each other. none of us were expecting anyone so this was new.

"i got it," i pulled myself up and practically sped walked over to the door. when i yanked it open, there stood a kid about a few years younger than me. he looked lost.

"Alex? Alexandra Lance?" he says suddenly. his voice was cold but not rude cold.

"yes," i nod. "who are you?"

"i-i don't mean to be a burden," okay? "im Allen."

"okay, Allen, why are you here?"

"i-.." fuck off with the stuttering, shit. "im your brother."

excuse me? i had a brother, since when? i know my parents kept secrets but this big? if he was my brother, why didn't he grow up with me? i mean, he looked a lot younger than me, high schooler maybe? i know i know, he could just have the baby face but fuck.

i couldn't even think, i was shocked, i don't know hell. i was in pure disbelief that this young man could've been my brother.

i had so many questions and i didn't know if now was even the time. fuck.

"i beg your pardon?" my brow scrunched as i studied him. "what do you mean you're my brother?" i chuckled to myself. i couldn't help but laugh, i mean who are you kidding? my brother?

"i know it's a long shot and you're like what, 30 now?" wow, if one more person says that shit, you might just get a free flight out my bedroom window. "i was put up for adoption," he says but immediately pauses. "i-well i was but i wasn't. i went off and lived with our aunt."

"which?" i blurted.

"uh aunt Rachel, on moms side," he states. "also, moms alive and are you going to let me in?"

whoa there kiddo, i beg your fucking pardon?

i chuckled as i began rubbing my temple. i don't know if this kid was trying to piss me off or being rude but let's rumble. "my mother is dead, she died in 2015 and i don't know what you think this is but you're a random human being coming to my home at almost 12 in the morning. you're like one of a million who try this on me, people like you are beyond stupid."

i was about to slam the door in his face when suddenly my dad came up behind me, "hey who's are the d-" he paused and for a hot second, i thought he everything around me froze. shit. "Allen.."

pause, fucking pause!

"you know him?!" please tell me you don't, like i don't need this. i mean i wouldn't mind a baby brother.

"yes, he's your brother," fuck!

i swear i could feel every ounce of oxygen leave my lungs, i felt like i was floating. when exactly was my father going to tell me i had a damn brother?

i studied Allen for a while before i stepped aside, allowing him inside. i should've let him nearly freeze, it was cold tonight.

the settle seconds felt like long hours, time, time. i felt like everyone was in pure shock to say anything. Allen stood there so awkwardly and it honestly only made things worse.

i had so many questions and i didn't know where to start, how the hell do i even have a brother? was he adopted or something? i don't know, fuck.

"okay," i say suddenly as i scan the room. "how are you my brother? matter fact, dad, how is he my brother? im confused."

my dad stood there in silence as he ran his hands through his hair. "well he's not entirely wrong, he is adopted," he stated.

"im confused," i chuckle as i shake my head.

"okay," my dad says as he lets out a soft sigh. "Josie and i adopted him when you were like 10 but he didn't live with us for many reasons. which i will not state right here but it was complicated," he explains. gosh, only adults who hate the truth find it complicated.

"okay so if you're my brother, why did you wait so long until you chose to come and talk to me about it? you wait until thanksgiving, the worst time of the year for us."

i didn't know if i was being rude but i was telling the truth and if you couldn't handle that, fuck off. my voice was cold and it held sadness but i was trying my hardest not to show that.

i promised i wouldn't let the sadness take over, at least for today. i wasn't trying to get rid of it no, i was just trying to suppress it for now.

Allen sighs as his eyes meet mine, "i know and im sorry but my life has been complicated. ive even trying my hardest to come out and talk to you but i live far. plus, ive been dealing with school."

"how old are you, Allen?"

"16," damn, i knew he was young but he was young. "im a junior."

"i know, i did the math," i say rudely.

"Alex," my dad says suddenly. "don't be so mean."

"you know me dad," i chuckle. "anyways, Alyssa are you going home now? if so, can i ride with you? i just need some air. ill be back, Ava."

"sure," Alyssa nods as she walks off towards the front door. i was honestly burning inside, maybe because my blood was boiling.

"take your time, ill be here!" Ava shouted as we went out the door.

fuck. i felt the oxygen return to my lungs are i took a deep breath. was i holding it that whole time? no, i would've died-well passed out.

i can't believe i had a fucking brother and no one, no one thought to tell me. i mean yeah, he's adopted so he's not you know my brother brother but damn that's rude.

at least i have a baby brother, i can now bully someone.

not like that. i promise.

i took a small sigh of relief as my attention was pulled towards the window. outside was beautiful, cold as hell but beautiful. the night skies were dark but a good dark, you could see the stars so clear.

the snow was beginning to clear and honestly, it was beautiful but it would only return by morning.

but again, it was beautiful. the way the snow covered the pavement, the trees, and the homes. it was so heavenly.

"you've been silent since we left," Alyssa blurts. "thinking about something?"

i nod, "yes, Allen." i ran my hands through my hair faintly as i took a breath once more. "i just can't get over the fact that i have a brother and no one told me."

she studied me for a while and i swear i felt something in me melt. fuck, even when im stumped, she managed to make me melt.

"well you need to relax," she says firmly. hot, hot, hot. "i know you probably have a lot of things on your mind and a lot more questions, especially with no answers but just relax," she placed her hand onto my shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze.

"Alyssa..." i whispered softly. i didn't even know the words fell from my lips until after i said them.

"yes, Alex?"

fuck, the way she spoke my name.

"kiss me," i could feel my heart thumping inside of my chest and all i wanted was to feel her perfect plum lips against mine. something in me was hot, shit.

without a fuss, she gripped my chin inside of her hand, pulling our faces closer and crashing her lips onto mine. tell me this isn't a dream, oh my god, please. her lips were so soft and fuck, my body was so damn hot.

her hand roamed my face but immediately settled on the back of my neck. she began to deepen the kiss and all i could was my world around me disappearing slowly.