Ch.27: Zalice's History

Y/N POV

Its been a couple of hours but zalgo called for us to come out for dinner.

The spider demon escorted me to the dining room where we saw zalgo and stripes here already. I was sat next to zalgo, stripes across from me as the spider demon stood next to my seat on my left.

Neon sat at my feet as zalgo gave me a nervous smile.

"Uh- I'm not sure you remember- but you use to love biting the heads off of spider demons when you encountered them in your room!" He said, reminiscing on old memories it seems

My eyes slightly widened as I glanced at the spider demon, sweat running down her forehead as she looked like she tried to keep her cool.

"Yeah....uh...not gonna touch that subject..!" I said as I looked at the table an tried to make it normal," who was zalice? What was her history?"

"Wait- you're not zalice?" Stripes asked

"I am- well I'm a reborn version of her." I replied," its a long story."

"Yes, you are a completely different person but you still are zalice." Zalgo said," but since you moved away with your mother you both were reborn in different times, leaving you on your own when it was time for your soul to wake back up."

"Oohhh!" Stripes said in understanding

"Yea- what the fuck did she do? She seems to be really feared." I asked

Zalgo smiled and seemed happy.

"Ah yes, you were so feared that the whole underworld bowed beneath my 300 year old child!" Zalgo said delighted," you were so small just burning the sinful souls and throwing demons into molten lava to forever burn at the bottom."

'I lived with psychos for the past few months, and killed a few people but this is what bothers me?'

"Zalice was really evil, huh?" I hummed

"Yes you were!" Zalgo smiled," and you still are, the people have been waiting for your return but..."

"But..?" I pressed

He saddened as he cleared his throat and tried to keep a smile.

"But decades turned into centuries and centuries turned into millenniums and so on an so forth." He continued," you were asleep for so long that I was convinced you were truly gone when you and your mother sacrificed yourselves to save slender."

I saw the sadness in his eyes, he looked at me though and brightened up.

"But you're back and you can be my daughter again- you can be just as treasured again as the family a-and the whole kingdom is waiting to see you." Zalgo said with joy

"Yeaaahhhh, I don't know if you've noticed but she's not the ruling type anymore." Neon said as he peaked his head out from underneath the table

"Yes, I do know that." Zalgo said," but maybe if you explore the kingdom your memories will show you who you were and maybe you could slightly change back to zalice."

'It seems like he wants the old me, not this new merciful version of me.'

"I'll explore the kingdom later today but only with my..." I said but paused, looking at the spider demon," whats your name..?"

She looked slightly scared as she looked to have tried speaking.

"C-Cinna." She answered

"But only with Cinna, she will be the only one with me!" I said