FIVE.

"That was mean of you" Amelia glared at Melanie, she opened another chocolate bar,tossing it on the floor.

"I know,I just- I didn't know what to do" Melanie shrugged.

"Well,now I think you know what you should do" Amelia said

"What?"

"Have you no manners?!"

"I'm sorry,I just barely talk with people so I don't know how he felt after I did that"

"He felt physical and emotional pain"

"How?"

"For someone who aces her tests,you seem pretty dumb when it comes to people" Amelia said in a sassy tone.

Melanie stayed quiet until Amelia finally spoke up.

"You poured hot coffee on Damien Brooks for crying out loud!"

"Warm" Melanie corrected.

"Whatever it was. He wasn't trying to harm you. He just wanted to talk,and you did that" Amelia sighed,tossing the cookie wrapper she just opened on the floor.

"You're really littering my room" Melanie muttered as she adjusted her glasses.

Amelia ignored her,and opened another toffee, throwing the wrapper on the floor.
"What are you gonna do?"

"I'll say I'm sorry" Melanie shrugged.

"How are you gonna do that? Because I can bet you wouldn't last two seconds if the proximity between you two exceeds a particular measurement"

"Yeah," Melanie sighed as she watched Amelia open yet, another candy. "If you don't stop,your cycle this month is gonna give you some bad cramps"

"Oh please,this isn't the first time" Amelia rolled her eyes.

"Do you think you can help me? I don't have any friends at school"

"I don't go to your school,but I can arrange something with one of my friends," Amelia said. "He's friends with Damien"

"Everybody is"

Amelia chuckled and patted Melanie's shoulder.
"I'll see you later"

She walked towards the window,and jumped out the window, landing on the bed of leaves.

"I'm okay,Mel. Thanks for asking!" She yelled

Melanie chuckled as she grabbed her novel from her nightstand.

*** *** " *** *** " *** *** "
"Won't you eat your fruits?"

"I'm fine mom. I'm not hungry"

"But whenever you don't eat them,you either have a bad day or have an emotional breakdown" her mom lamented.

"I'm not a kid mom,I don't cry like I used to"

Hudson scoffed from the kitchen.
"Last Saturday,that nerdy quiz show wasn't airing and you were crying"

"Because that's the only thing that gets me engaged after reading"

Hudson groaned and threw his leftover apple in the trash.
"I think after reading,you should actually rest or engage in a recreational activity. But instead,you watch a nerdy quiz show," he drank some water and then groaned. "You are such a nerd"

Melanie rolled her eyes.
"Can we get going now?" She asked her twin.

He rolled his eyes.
"Please mom,put her fruits in a plate with a lid because I know she's gonna need it"