TWENTY ONE.

It was two days,and Mel's entire body did not just function how she wanted it to be. It was like her whole body was being controlled by itself.

Whenever she saw him,her whole body felt as if a thousand butterflies were tickling her,even when she had made up her mind to stay away from him for the meantime. Whenever he wasn't there,she felt so disorganized and she really regretted it. She wanted to go back to the girl who was just... average.

But since Damien started hanging out with her,there was no average for her. All eyes were literally on him 99.99% of the time,and if he was always with Mel,then that also means eyes were also on Mel.

"I bought you a burger" Tony grinned.

Mel shook her head.
"No, thank you. And besides,I'm not a fan; it's got too many ingredients"

"Oh"

"Yes. Thank you though"

He sighed as he sat next to her.
"What is up with you" he chuckled.

"How so?"

"Well you're here... Sitting at the bleachers,and watching us play lacrosse" he quirked a brow.

She watched as Damien drank some water.

Yes,they were on a break. Tony was using his to talk to her,Damien was gulping water down his throat,Hudson? Well, he was probably somewhere with Dawn.

"My brother," she cleared her throat and focused on Tony. "He um,he plays lacrosse so I'm like..here for him" she said.

"Oh" Tony slowly nodded.

Her eyes fell on him again

He was sitting on the floor and talking with Tyler who chuckled.

"Mel," Tony called out.

"Yes?"

"I'm trying to talk to you and you're staring at who knows where"

"Right. Sorry," she said. "What were you.... saying?"

"I was trying to ask what happened between you and Damien... He's not wheeling you around or even talking to you. Why?"

"Oh," she plastered a smile. "It's nothing"

"Really?"

Mel nodded as she turned around instinctively only to feel his gaze on her body.

She gulped as he stared right into her eyes, searching her eyes.
She looked away immediately,as she watched Tony blabber on.

Aaand suddenly,her phone beeped.

She ignored it because Tony was talking to her.
It was probably from her mom, telling her to try to smile or make friends or do something happy. *eyeroll*

"So, that's really how it ended," Tony grinned. "I know I shouldn't have told you that,but hey... It's nothing"

"Hm?" Mel asked as her eyes slowly went wide.

"You weren't listening again right?"

"No. I'm sorry"

"It's fine," he smiled. "I'll catch you later. My break is over" he said as Damien blew the whistle,directing it at Tony.

Mel chuckled because it was coach who was supposed to blow the whistle,but when Mel looked at coach,he was flirting with their Home Economics teacher.

Yuck.

Mel internally puked at the sight

Damien kept on blowing the whistle till Tony got up and away from Mel.

He smiled and handed the whistle back to coach who might not have been aware the whistle had been handed over to him.

*** ***
10:56pm

Mel was studying.

Typical.

She was really tired,but for some reason,her eyes would not close.  She tried reading Pride and Prejudice,she tried reading some robotics documentaries also,but nothing was working.

And so she decided to look at the stars.

It was pretty basic to her,but she could not deny or hinder the fact that they were beautiful planetary bodies.

Her phone beeped,and she saw it was from Amelia.

Amelia:
Hey,you okay?

Mel sighed as she texted her reply 'No,but I'll be fine. Thanks'

She sent it,and sighed.

Amelia replied:
I'm sure you'll feel better in a few minutes.. no further questions asked.

Mel chuckled, because she did not quite understand what Amelia was saying,but she decided to shrug it off.

She heard her window creak open,and she turned her head to see Damien climbing into her room.

"MM,I.." He sighed,but she cut him off.

"What if I was changing?!"

"Uh,I asked Amelia and she said you weren't," he said. "She can see you from her room"

Mel turned her head in that direction,and saw Amelia peek out of her window.

She winked at Melanie and whispered a "Goodnight" before shutting her window and closing her blinds.

Mel sighed as she felt Damien stare at her.

"Mel, I'm sorry about what you saw.. I really shouldn't have-"

"It's fine,I just.. overreacted," she smiled. "We're friends right?" She chuckled nervously.

"No.. you don't understand," he sighed. "Her parents are planning on getting a divorce,and I noticed that she was not happy or anything like that,and so she explained it all to me....I did my best to comfort her,but she just mistook my hospitality," Damien sighed. "And I swear,MM.. I was telling her to stop... I didn't like the idea"

Mel nodded.
"I heard you when you were telling her to stop," Mel said. "By the way, there's no need to explain yourself to me.. why are you so worried?"

He bent down to her level and put a strand of hair behind her ear
"No worries," he said. "Am I forgiven?"

"I was never angry" she chuckled as he inched closer to her,their noses almost touching.

"But you looked sad,and I can't stand seeing you like that" he whispered.

"The proximity is too much,Damien" she said as the butterflies erupted again.

She tried to stop them,but they were untamed.

"Sometimes you just gotta live in the moment" he whispered,staring into her eyes.

"Is that a new slang?," She asked confused. "You've gotta seriously tell me-"

"Can I kiss you?"

Ohh,the butterflies!

Lmaooo

Hope y'all loved this chapter,hehehehe♥️♥️