NINETEEN.

It was lunch time,and Mel was making her way to her table. Yes,the isolated one.

Damien was probably somewhere,and truth be told,it was only when he was around that Mel could go to the table for the ELITES. She sighed as she began to eat her cookies.

It was a week since the realization dawned on her. Damien on the other hand was rather busy with his sick grandfather,but that didn't stop him from scoring high marks during pop quizzes. Amelia made sure to check up on Mel almost every night before going into her house. Well, except for the nights she was drunk. There was no way she was gonna climb up the window in a drunken state.

"Hi,Mel" Tony's voice pierced through her reverie like a sword.

"Hey" she smiled at him as he sat down.

"Why are you here all alone?"

"Nothing," she chuckled. "I felt like eating here today"

"I see," he said. "You're having just cookies? I've noticed you don't eat much"

Mel nodded,chewing another cookie.

"Why don't you have friends?" He asked her as he threw a chicken nugget in his mouth.

"Nothing" she shook her head.

"Really?"

"Yeah," she said. Her mouth full. "But Damien and Amelia are my friends"

"Damien?" Tony scoffed.

"Yes" Mel nodded.

"It's cute how you think he's friends with you" Tony chuckled.

Mel was quite surprised that someone as concealed as Tony could talk to her. He always seemed so quiet.

Mel wrapped up her cookies and prepared to wheel to her next class.

"It was nice talking to you" Tony said.

Mel raised a brow.

What kind of conversation was that?!

She wheeled to her next class and waited for the bell to go off before her classmates rushed in like bees.

She sat down as she watched Damien walk into the class with Lily right behind him.

"Hey,MM" he smiled as he sat down

"You didn't eat lunch"

He scratched the back of his head.
"Yeah," he said. "I was in the staff room"

"Oh" Mel said.

"Well,have you eaten?" He asked her.

"I had cookies"

He groaned.
"I've told you to eat tangible things," he sighed. "Cookies won't fill you up the way you want"

"But I'm fine. I don't want to be overfed"

"The fear of being overfed will make you underfed"

Mel chuckled as the teacher walked in.

"Chinese food?"

"Hmm?" Mel asked in confusion.

Damien chuckled and brought out his notebook.

*** ***
"Dumplings are awesome!" Mel exclaimed with her mouth stuffed.

"I know right" Damien smirked

"I can't recall it being this nice.. but right now..I am loving it"

Damien laughed as he watched her eat.. she was careful not to spill anything. She ate so cautiously,and when she closed her eyes,all he saw was an angel.