EIGHT.

It was a school night,and just like every other one,Mel was studying.

She was studying till her brain fuse box gave up.

It had been  three days since they were assigned partners,and when Damien told Mel they'd talk later,well..... She had been avoiding him since then.

The knock on her window startled her. She wheeled towards it to see Amelia,

As Mel opened up, Amelia jumped in, catching her breath.

"It's cold out" Amelia said as she rubbed her palms together.

"I know" Mel replied.

"Um,Damien needs to speak with you," Amelia started, noticing the confused look on Melanie's face. "He's waiting"

"Waiting where? Because when you say that,it kinda sounds like-" Mel ranted,but Amelia interrupted her by propelling her towards the window,she looked down to see Damien standing there, leaning on the wall with his phone in his hand.

"Why would you bring him to my house?!" Melanie whispered.

"He's not yet in your house. He's still outside"

"But I-"

Amelia looked out of the window and whistled,Damien looked up,and Amelia gestured for him to climb up.

"What? No! Stop,Amelia" Melanie whispered.

"Chill"

As Damien jumped into her room,she wheeled backwards.

"See," Damien told Amelia. "She's always doing this. Acting like I'm gonna eat her"

"She's not used to guys,so please just exercise some patience"

"We have a project that's meant to be submitted on Monday. She doesn't wanna give me her number, she's not gonna let me come to her house. Worse of all, she's not even talking to me at school," Damien vented. "If she thinks her grades are important to her,then my grades are twice as important to me" he hissed as Mel just stared at him with prickly eyes.

She was deciding on whether to take off her glasses to wipe off the tears,but if she was to take them off,then she wouldn't see very well.

"She's not even listening to me!" He told Amelia.

"Hey,Mel," Amelia said. "Mel?. Why don't you wanna give him your number"

"I don't know" she said

"Shit," Damien muttered, running his hands through his hair. "What kind of partner did I get paired up with?"

"You need to calm down,Damien. She's not like every other-"

"Girl!," He finished. "I know that,but she could at least talk to me. I'm not gonna harm her or anything"

"Amelia,he can leave now" Melanie said.

"What do you mean he can leave? He skipped dinner to come here"

"I don't feel comfortable with a guy other than Hudson in my room. He can please leave"

"Mel-"

"Please tell him to go"

"I'll leave,but what about our project?" He asked.

Melanie didn't reply,she only stared at her floor until she heard the window slam shut.

She looked up,and Amelia was staring at her.
"That wasn't nice,Mel," Amelia said. "He even discovered his house isn't too far from yours but still,he missed Dinner to come here because I told him you don't stay up late,unless you have so many books to read"

"I'm sorry,but I'm not just-"

"I'll go talk to him," Amelia sighed. "Get some rest"

*** ***
"Is it today?" Melanie heard students ask as they walked to their seats.

She was confused.

What was today?

She didn't understand what was going on, still. Until Mr Ken walked into the class.

And that was when it struck her.

Their project!

Damien was next to her,on his seat.

His face was very serious,and that alone made Melanie almost pee on the spot.

'Talk to him. He's not a monster ' she chanted silently.

"Damien?" She asked

"I already handed him the project if that's what you're about to ask" he said and turned to look at the teacher again.

And her whole spine became electrocuted.

The way he spoke was new to her.

When he came to her room,sure,he was angry,but he didn't have this type of face on.

What had she done?

"Simon and Henry," Mr Ken said, looking through the book in his hand. "You both got a B. Nice work,guys"

They both grinned and gave each other handshakes.

"Damien and Melanie," Me Ken said,and he wore an expression that showed dissatisfaction. "You both got a C. That's new" he said and murmurs were heard in the class.

Melanie had never had that grade and her name in the same sentence

She felt......angry?

She didn't know what emotion was boiling in her,but she was definitely not happy with her grade.

"Damien?" She whispered as the teacher continued.

"What?" He snapped as he turned to face her.

"H-How did we get a C?" She stuttered as she stared at her laps.

"Uh,I don't know," he said,his every word leaking with sarcasm. "I think it's called  teamwork for a reason,so since you're so smart,you should be able to figure out the rest yourself" he said.

Mr Ken wrapped all he was saying up,and Mel didn't even know when he left the class.

It was a free period,so everyone was now doing what they felt was right with their time.

Melanie just stared at the board as students passed.

Damien on the other hand was still on his seat. He was writing something down in his notebook.

He was probably solving something.

Melanie knew she could lose her legs the second time if she spoke to him again,but she needed to know what happened.

She wasn't social,so she didn't understand some slangs. She didn't know the gravity of what she had done.

"Damien, I-"

"I'm busy"

"I just need to know why you made me get that type of grade. It's never happened" she said simply

"What?!" He practically yelled, finally closing his book to give her his full attention.

"I'm just a bit confused-"

"I think we were supposed to rub minds or whatever shit they say. You were treating me like I had the plague or something,and all I was trying to do was help us!," He said as their classmates stopped what they were doing to look at them. "You didn't do anything! I could have handed Mr Ken my name alone,but I didn't do that because who knows? You could pass out!"

Melanie breathed in and out as she closed her eyes, trying not to cry in front of the class

He angrily glanced at her one last time before leaving the class with Blake trying to talk to him.

Hehehe. I hope you loved it♥️

Please vote and comment ⚧️