Prologue.

Three months later;

IVY.

"Are you sure about this?" I ask Levi, clutching the phone tighter.

"It's my coronation ceremony, I need you here."

"Those people hate me." I roll my eyes before glancing at Leah, who lays naked in my bed.

Pleasant view, indeed.

"Not with me here, Ivy, I need to thank you. This is better than what Eve wanted for me, I am king now, these people do what I tell them," Levi says, there's no way to ignore the pride in his voice.

I run a hand through my hair.

I did not expect our plan to go this smoothly; after my mother's death, I fulfilled my promise to Levi for helping me trick Eve.
And over the three months, Hermis got infected with the same spell I cast on Adam. He died just a week ago, and now the rightful owner of the throne would step in tonight. Thus, the invitation. 

"I need to talk to Leah first."

"Oh, I am going, can't miss food for anything." Leah muses, trailing kisses down my back.

"I heard her loud and clear, I am expecting you in an hour."

"Fine." I cut the line and turn to Leah, "Hungry?"

"Yes," she says, but doesn't stop kissing my back.

How hard is it to quench this girl's thirst? We just made out, for crying out loud!

"You know, I need to do my make-up right, unlike you. The full hour to get ready." I turn to face her, and she pouts, but I kiss her. "Go take a shower. Careful with the tiles, they're slippery."

"I can take care of myself, thank you." she smiles and grabs a towel even when she goes to the bathroom naked.

After my mother's death, I moved in with Leah and Darius. I haven't lacked, even though I miss my dearest mother. It's difficult to live without her, but I am learning and Leah, as well as Darius, are a great help.

I stare in the mirror, a smile latches on my lips, and I don't understand why I can't stop smiling. I know Leah is behind my newfound happiness, and I have no idea what I would do without her. She is the last person I expected to fall in love with, but here we are, lovers and true ones at that.

She's my ride or die.

I don't know what the future holds for us, but right now, I am happy, and I will do anything to clasp onto this happiness. Maybe we can get married later in life, adopt some witch and vampire baby and raise them better than we were raised.

"Been a minute," Vera muses, and I jump. It has been a while since she scared me, I did not expect to see her. It's been almost two months now. I almost thought she left me and rested with her best friend, Sierra.

"Miss me?" I brace myself and look back at her.

She smirks. "I do, but I have some rather sad news."

I furrow my eyebrows. Did something happen?

"Tell me," I deadpan.

"It's Leah. I know she makes you happy and all that, but she is a vampire, and one way or another she will come for you. Don't hate me for this, Ivy, I am just trying to protect you. You need to kill her, you're not safe until she is dead and everyone else who knew about the prophecy. You must understand this is not amusing, I hate to say this," she explains in one breath. Meanwhile, I stare at her like she grew two heads. Is she insane?

"Are you crazy? I can't do that. I… I love her. I love her."

"You don't have a choice, Ivy. She will come for you. Her, Darius, all of them will come for you."

"No they won't, they love me, they can't hurt me," I say, furious that she'd even think that low of them.

"Uh, it's always this hard to convince people in love, maybe I try a new approach. I am just trying to keep you safe-"

"I am safe. I am safe with Leah and Darius," I say, my eyes tearing up immediately. How dare she try to take away the only thing that makes me human?

"Ivy, I need you to trust me. You need to kill Leah and her brother, they will kill you if you do-"

"Stop, just stop!"

"Fine," she says, and I realize she is gone. I place my palm on my burning forehead.

"Babe, you alright?" Leah calls from behind me.

"Yes." I breathe before turning to look at her. She pouts and I can't help but smile.

"Stop looking, go shower."

In no time, I find myself standing behind Leah, my hands around her and my lips on her bare shoulder. We are both in towels.

"Ivy?" Leah calls out, and I mumble something under my breath about how she reacts so well to my touch. "I don't feel so well," she says, and immediately, I raise my eyes to meet hers in the mirror. Her eyelids almost closing, but she has a smile on her lips.

"Leah?"

"You know who it is. You know Ivy, I tried to protect you, but you turned it down. So if you won't kill her, she will kill you." Vera has somehow managed to jump into Leah's mirror image.

My heart blasts against my chest, how could she do this?

"Vera, please," I beg.

"Nothing personal, they die or you die. The choice is yours, princess."

"Ivy," Leah mumbles in a low voice, I can tell Vera has left her, but she will return soon, and I need to figure something out.

"Leah, I love you."

"I love you too, Ivy." Leah stares into my eyes, "But I think you should run."

#

"Light or dark, only one can win. This world cannot survive in shades of grey." ~ unknown.

##

The end.

I am a horrible person for ending this on such a suspenseful note. But let your minds wander a little more if the two love birds overcame the prophecy or if they murdered one another.

I hope you enjoyed this book, I want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to read my book. I appreciate you and please be safe for me.

Sending you all love because I adore you🥰❤️❤️❤️.

Do check out my other works. For now, goodbye ❤️