1. Returning.

Chapter 1

1834 -- Ireland, present time.

The rolling carriage came to abrupt as a footman reached out for Lily's hand, "Is this necessary?" she asked turning back to Aunt Cecilia when
she saw her chaperone standing in front of the train station.

Lily didn't miss the grin that threatened to fall before her face went back to compelled as her aunt replied with a stern voice, "A lady shall not go without a chaperone and---" before Aunt Cecila was able to finish her sentence, Lily interrupted fiercely and used the sweet tone of a lady, "And a groom. Perfectly understood my dear aunt."

Her aunt glowered at her silently as if inspecting another thing to pinpoint upon Lily, eventually with a sharp look she sighed,"And neither should a lady interrupt,"

This time Lillian couldn't help the grin that tugged at her lips, "I shall never forget that,"

God heavens! Her aunt was letting her return, although it took a great deal of convincing since she seemed to change her mind every three second. It seemed to turn out that coming out honest was far better than what Lily normally planned, which was never telling and instead find the fastest train.

It has gone now two years of staying in the countryside of Ireland after her father sent her away, because of the scandal that filled the society of England, which resulted in her father to ship her to Ireland. The once lawless life she lived was turned and completely flipped with tiresome rules and etiquette that seemed to never end, nevertheless Lily and her aunt who once used to terrify her, which no one ever did, even her father in his worst moods,

But who could fathom that her aunt usually was cold as ice and barely moved a muscle on her face could soften up to her, not to lie it took a great time for her to gain trust.

Well that was before her sister sent her a letter, none like the previous one. No this one made Lily's bones shaken, her mind sprawled with thoughts of what god damn could be the reason of her words that stated with bold letters, Do you remember our vow when we were eight? That we should never leave each other and tell each other everything? Well I have something to tell you that cannot be said through letters. Please return.

From your dear sister Eleanor

And here Lily was about to return to England. After only two hours being received with that letter, she was shaking in her bones of what could possible have happened.

What did her sister mean?

Well as the letter said there was only one way to find that out.

Lily cast her gaze to Aunt Cecilia, "Bid the rest of the household goodbye, and please feed Gib, he isn't that much of a beast, you cannot deny that you have grown fond of him" she had to almost shout as her aunt's carriage started to roll. The thought of her dog Gib made her want to tuck him into her baggage and bring him on the long journey that awaited.

"My lady, you need to hand your baggage to the footman," Her chaperone Miss Brook spoke, she was twice her age, sullen and doing nothing but reminding Lily of how a lady shall behave, walk, talk and breath.

Her aunt knew how much Lily hated to be watched, it made her feel like a caged animal, but her aunt resisted and had the final word saying of how unreasable it was for an unmarried lady to walk on the street of England unwatched.

Of course then Lily leaped out of joy to even get permission from her aunt to take off to London. Although she should have known it came with terms, the  downside of coming to an agreement with her aunt. Lily shall have known how bloody well her aunt was at getting what she wanted.

The thin lips of Miss Brook was now set in a straight line, no humour whatsoever. She truly could use one or two Lily thought, and if not enough she would dictate everything from steps to the way she breathed throughout the journey to England.

Lily held in an image that strode forward in her mind, imagining Miss brook having a laugh and dancing and ---"What is so funny my lady?" the hard tone made Lily realise that she indeed had been bubbling with laughter, she instantly covered her mouth like a lady ought to do when laughing, "Oh—silly me, I was just imagining things, I did not at all laugh at you Miss Brook" the sarcasm seemed to be unnoticed as her chaperone only threw a hard glare.

With a deep sigh she prayed the time would quicken up as she entered the train and gazed out the window with full longing. She couldn't wait to squeeze her sister in a hug, ask her if life was lonely as she has been.. if she was happy, share all the tales they have missed and couldn't be told enough with piece of paper, all those nights of giggles and gossip reminded her how much she missed home. Even if her return wouldn't  be welcomed. Her chest ached as she refused to gloat over the past.

----

Back in London Eleanor Windsor locked herself in her bedchamber in panic, in everything that she'd not anticipated. Perhaps she was naïve, heavens! it all made sense now.

How could she miss the fact that  her father accepted Lord Hartwick so fully and whenever she told him  that he was courting her to places he did not even throw a tantrum like he did with the mention of Kevin, who was her true love. He was not even suspicious of Lord Hartwick's intentions. All because he was the man her father wanted for her.

Still, she believed that Lord Hartwick who normally never joined ballrooms and public places would never in million years ask for her hand. It was told by the rumours that a man as cold as him would never marry again. She herself danced with him only a way to waste time, that it would make her father not look her way whenever she'd sneaked outside to meet Kevin, her one and true love. oh god if only she knew what had become of her. Eleanor Windsor would you give me the honor of marrying you? Lord Hartwick words had not even made her heart beat, it hadn't made her swoom with butterflies. He'd said it with not a muscle moving on his face

In that moment all she could do was stand in shock, and without herself realising she nodded. And gave her life away. Because that was what a lady of her was supposed to do.. Marry a man suitable to her title, none bellow like Kevin.

She wiped the tears that fell harshly, coward that was what she was. And now she made the biggest regret of her life to marry a man she hardly knows.

What out she do?

________________________

           VOTE AND COMMENT