Caring

Two days passed and I'm still in my bed. I was very happy to wake up in it and not my floor where I sat half of the night before I cried myself to sleep. But now that I'm in my bed I don't do anything besides going to the toilet. I haven't left my room or my bed the whole weekend. My eyes are still puffy and probably red and my face feels like I got a face mask on my face because it's so dry from all the tears. I still have my make up on, scaring most likely myself when I look into the mirror.

I woke up an hour ago but can't motivate myself to stand up or even grab my phone. I just stay curled up in my sheets until it became uncomfortable. I tiredly grab my phone and unlock it, seeing the same unread messages that are there since Friday.

J <3
*3 missed calls*

Hi Lia, I know a break up or whatever you guys have now sucks so call me if you need anything. Text me and I'm there. Love you

Paul <3
*1 missed call*

Hey, I just wanted to check on you. I'm very sorry we didn't back you up on the field and stopped him. I think we all didn't expect something like that from him. I also didn't stop by because you're probably still sleeping but if you want to I can come by.

Ty <3
*6 missed calls*

Lia can you pick up?
I wanna talk
I know you're not doing good right now.
I want to apologize for starting the fight. I know I promised something and I'm very sorry for breaking that. I hope we can talk in school. Love you <3

I didn't respond to any of the the messages and I'm also not planning to. I don't want to talk to anyone-

„Hey" I hear suddenly, scaring the shit out of me. „I told you I'm gonna check on you" Liv closes the door behind her and locks it. „How did you come in?" I pull the sheets over my head. „Your Mom let me in" I hear her walk over to my desk. „They're home?" I ask with my hoarse voice. „Only your mom" She grabs my desk chair and walks over to my bed. They got home and didn't even come into my room? I mean I'm glad they didn't but not even a hello?

„How are you?" she sits down on the chair next to my bed. „Never felt better" I feel like crying again. „Great then put the sheets away so I can see your beautiful happy face" she lightly pulls on the sheets but I hold them. „I look awful Liv" I groan into my blanket. „I'm sure that's not true" she tries to comfort me. „I'm still wearing the make up..."

„Then I'm gonna remove your make up...and we're gonna pick out something fresh to wear" she stands up again and walks in the direction of my dressing table. „But I don't want you to see me like that" I sigh silently. „Best friends have to go through that, trust me you'll see much worse from me" we are best friends? I never knew she sees us like that.

„I hate you" I put the sheets away and sit up straight. „Damn you look ugly" she sarcastically widens her eyes. „Shut up" I let out a little giggle. „It's good you still have my braids in so they're not in your face now" she begins to gently wipe away the concealer. „Did that on purpose" I joke, causing her to smile. „Close your eyes" she instructs and removes my mascara that's probably not even on my lashes anymore but under my eyes.

When she's done she throws away the cotton pads and grabs my moisturizer. "Should I or do you want to do it?" She offers, not minding if she has to do it. "I'm gonna do it, thank you" she puts a good amount of the moisturizer on my hands. As I close my eyes for the moisturizer I hear her shuffle to my closet.