SEVEN

A human (non-supernatural) being is not allowed on Alkebulan Lands without permission.

-

Zaelah's P.O.V

I looked at him, puzzled at his words as my mind wondered if I had heard him right.

He wanted me?

I wasn't given the chance to ask any questions about his shocking statement because my father spoke with unmistakable anger.

"You cannot and will not have her." My father warned him loudly, but King Malik didn't even flinch as he continued to gaze into my eyes as if they were the only thing on this planet.

"Kai, I wasn't asking you."

That was his reply which only served to infuriate my father even more as my mother continued to hold him back knowing if she had removed her grip for even a second he would do something to cost us the kingdom.

"Give us the room," I demanded and my father moved his mouth, about to object, but I spoke again, "It wasn't a question."

Even though he didn't like the thought of leaving us alone, my mother was already pulling him out of the office, but before she left, she offered me a smile that whispered a silent 'good luck' I knew I would need.

The second the door closed I looked back at him with eyes filled with confusion and a mind filled with questions, "Why do you want me?"

He kept a slight grin on his lips as he moved over to my desk, leaning against it.

"I would have thought you'd feel the connection between us." King Malik commented and I chose to act confused not wanting him to know how much power he already held over me.

"I don't feel anything for you, right now my only concern is for my kingdom," I remarked, pulling a tired sigh from him.

"Why are you trying to hide it, Zaelah?" He questioned me softly and I instantly felt fluttering in my stomach the minute his sweet voice uttered my name, the way he said it had a soft smile appearing on my lips.

"It feels good, doesn't it," King Malik noted, but when he said this I could tell it was more of a statement than a question and it had me wiping the smile off my face as I wondered,

What the hell was wrong with me?

Why did I feel this way about him?

I should feel nothing but hatred for him after everything he'd done, so why didn't I?

"No, it doesn't." I lied with ease, though King Malik didn't appear convinced by my words as he moved off the desk and began heading toward me.

I could feel my heart beating faster with every step he took.

"I swear you're about to have a heart attack." He commented with obvious amusement as his face was now inches away from mine, allowing his enchanting scent of nature to greet my nose which only made me want him more.

"King Malik—"

"Just Malik." He corrected me softly.

"Do you usually let your victims address you by your first name?" I inquired and he shook his head.

"No, but you're not going to be my victim. I'm not going to hurt you, Zaelah." He expressed gently and my brows lifted slightly, even more confused by his words and my feelings.

"You're making it hard for me to believe the stories I was told," I confessed as Malik's eyes glanced at my lips before they met my eyes again.

"Good. I'm pretty sure three percent of your 'history' tells the truth." He admitted as he looked at me like he had finally eaten after starving for weeks, it was like seeing me brought him great relief.