SEVENTEEN

Lycans are almost as powerful as a Alkebulan.

-

Zaelah P.O.V

"I'm sorry to hear that," I expressed softly and Malik pressed a kiss against my forehead.

"It was a long time ago, I've learned to live with the loss. Can I ask you something?" Malik requested and I hummed a 'yes'.

"You and your father seemed close the last time I was here, but now I feel a shift between you two. Did something happen in the time I was gone?"

"You tend to drift away from your father when he threatens to take your life so your mate can suffer," I explained, causing a growl to immediately erupted from his chest greeting his throat as his whole body stiffened and his eyes turned a darker shade of violet which should have scared me, but it didn't.

"He threatened to kill you?" Malik asked and his tone was different, he sounded like an animal who was ready to slay its prey.

"He did, but I'll be fine. I can handle my father." I assured him, well tried, because my words didn't seem to ease his mind at all since his eyes were still violet and his body was still tense.

"If he or anyone tries to harm you, I will not hesitate to kill them." He informed me firmly and I could tell he was being entirely honest with me by his serious tone and noticeable change in demeanour.

I never thought it was possible to have someone care about you this much without even knowing a single thing about you.

I was almost convinced he was acting.

I leaned up slightly planting a quick kiss on his lips and this action instantly had him relaxing because of the indescribable sparks that entered our bodies from the simple act.

Malik didn't bother to waste any time as he lengthened our kiss, showcasing his want for me while he placed my legs around his waists, allowing me to feel him between them.

Every time we kissed, I could feel my body yearning for more than he was willing to provide and Malik was either trying to make it harder for me to resist my urges or he couldn't help himself as he kissed a certain spot on my neck that we both knew ignited a flame I'd never want to put out.

"Malik..." I gasped out as his kisses changed to soft but pleasurable sucking, but hearing my voice had him pulling away to display his violet eyes which informed me he was losing control again.

Malik closed his eyes for a split second before opening them to reveal their natural colour, black.

"Is it too much for you?" I asked while pushing down my arousal as my concern grew.

"A little. It's getting harder and harder to resist you, especially when you say my name in such a way." He commented with a playful grin while his hand moved up and down my leg, making me soak my underwear all over again.

"I do not want to do something we'll regret." He added and I gave him a smile I hoped brought him comfort.

"Don't worry, you will not-" I began, but I did not get the chance to finish as someone knocked on my door.

"Zaelah, are you ok in there?" Kai asked from the other side of the door and I groaned in frustration, Malik continued to grin softly while bringing my lips to his once again, though this time he chose to make the kiss brief but lasting.

"Ignore him," I ordered softly and Malik didn't need to hear anything else as he closed the distance between us again.

He skillfully and swiftly switched our positions so I was now straddling him which allowed me to feel how hard he was for me and I was doing my best to keep quiet but the feelings his lips, his tongue and his hands induced made it impossible.

The tight grip he had on my hips told me how badly he was trying to stop himself from giving in to the desire to take this further as my hands ran up his chest, greeting his neck and I angled it a certain way to deepen the kiss as our tongues danced together exchanging our tastes.

I moved slightly against his shaft, earning a groan from him and a moan from me because of the burst of pleasure that went through our bodies from the slight friction I made.

Soon we broke apart, giving me the opportunity to press kisses onto his neck making it more difficult for him to resist his urges as his grip on me tightened slightly.

"Please." I pleaded softly in his ear which earned a throaty groan of frustration from him while his hands slipped down my hips, greeting my ass and I closed my eyes at the contact because his hands were just a few inches away from where I needed them to be.

Malik used one of his hands to bring my mouth to his and he kissed me softly before pulling back to meet my eyes so I could see his violet ones.

"Not tonight." He told me while allowing me to hear how close he was to giving into my pleads and I could feel the frustration building in my chest alongside the heat but he made sure that feeling didn't last as he switched our positions, taking back control.

He slipped down the straps of my dress but only my shoulders were revealed.

I released a gasp when I felt his tongue travelling from my shoulder to my neck then my ear and my body tensed in shock as he nibbled against it before allowing his tongue to work its magic.

The fact that he was able to relieve my craving with these simple motions made me wonder what else he could do if we ever took it to the next level.

He pulled back once again, running his hand against my cheek to allow sparks to travel within me and Malik looked at me with shock in his eyes like he was finally coming to the revelation that I was actually here and that I wouldn't be leaving.

A soft smile graced his lips as his thumb brushed against my cheek before he spoke.

"You are more than I could ever ask for." He whispered so quietly that I almost couldn't hear him and I smiled at his words because our feelings were aligned.

He closed his eyes once again before attaching our lips to one another, blessing me with emotions I'd never be able to describe.

I wanted him for myself.

I wanted to be the only person he would touch this way.

I wanted him to be mine for a lifetime.

-