TWNETY-FOUR

A/N: Kavier's name was changed to Zemerah.

Z A E L A H

Malik and I kept a good distance from the werewolves so we wouldn't be in their way whenever they decided to begin their training.

"Malik, I didn't think you would be watching training today." A shirtless man announced while approaching us and I did my best to keep my eyes on his face, but I was tempted to look at his body because of the interesting tattoos displayed against it.

"Zemerah told me you've been slacking off when I'm not here," Malik informed him and the man grinned, crossing his arms.

"I never took her for a snitch." He commented and this had Malik laughing lightly.

"I hope they're not outta shape."

"Nah, I haven't been such a bad trainer." The man stated, defending himself while unconsciously playing with his curly brunette hair.

"I'll be the judge of that," Malik remarked and the trainer's grin only got wider, showing us Malik's statement amused him.

"And who's this beautiful woman?" The man questioned him, his light brown eyes taking in my attire, thoughtfully and I glanced at Malik who didn't appear to find his question or his straying eyes entertaining.

Soon the man looked at him, witnessing the swift flash of his violet eyes which told us his Lycan wasn't too fond of his actions either.

"From that look, I'm guessing you're Zaelah. You are just as exquisite as he described." He complimented me and I suspected it was to irritate Malik.

"Do you not care for your life, Vilen?" A voice I recognized as Zemerah's, asked, causing me to face her while she stepped towards us with a woman beside her whose identity I didn't know.

"I do, but it's fun watching him try to control Tyi."

The man I now knew as Vilen admitted.

"Tyi?" I questioned, wondering who he was referring to.

"She speaks," Vilen replied with a smile before adding. "Tyi is the name of his Lycan."

"I didn't realize you named your lycans," I remarked, slightly surprised.

"We don't, they introduce themselves once we become of age to turn." He explained, cleaning up my misunderstanding.

"Gamma Vilen, we're ready." A woman called out from the field, earning a tired sigh from him.

"I'll talk to you guys later." He voiced before returning his gaze to me. "It was lovely to meet you, Zael—"

"Len."

That was all Malik needed to say for Vilen to halt his sentence.

"Alright, alright. I'll stop for now." He assured him and gave me one last look before making his way toward the werewolves.

"Is he always like that?" I asked them.

"He is. Vilen finds tormenting Malik fun until he finally snaps," Zemerah told me.

"I'm still contemplating on replacing him," Malik confessed, but I could tell he was joking.

"Unfortunately, there won't be another Lycan to take his place." She replied which brought another question to my mind.

"How many Lycans are here?"

"Five, including me," Malik answered and I began listing out all the Lycans I knew of in my head, but only came up with three.