FIFTEEN

It takes great willpower for a soul to resist its soulmate in heat.

-

Zaelah's P.O.V

"Let them in, I'll be down in a few minutes." The guard swallowed worriedly, letting me know she was on edge from their visit, regardless, she left to fulfil my order.

I closed the door ignoring the rising heat in the pit of my stomach as I met Darrelle's eyes.

"I'm sorry about that, I wasn't in my right mind—I'm still not in my right mind, so you should go," I explained and he offered me an understanding nod while standing.

"I'll talk to you later?" He inquired.

"Yeah," I answered with a soft smile and he returned it before wordlessly leaving the room, allowing me to be alone.

With a sigh, I walked into my closet taking out the first dress I saw because my mind was entirely focused on the pain I was in.

I gripped the dress tightly at the burning feeling in my chest that I knew would not rest until I was near him, so I closed my eyes, breathing in and out to steady myself.

The minute I could feel the sensations dimming, I swiftly changed into the red dress knowing it wouldn't be long before I experienced the same breathtaking agony.

-

I headed down the wooden stairs and I would occasionally grip the railing whenever I felt the heat worsening, which was every few minutes.

Once I stepped down the last of the stairs, I saw my parents at the entrance speaking to Malik who had a man and woman behind him, I assume they were his guards.

"—You are a monster. You don't deserve my daughter." I heard Kai and I forced down my irritation because I was in no mood to handle his temper tantrums today.

"Zaelah is the only reason you're alive right now. Keep that in mind." Malik advised him before he moved past them to journey toward me.

"Where have you been?" I asked him softly with a frown on my brows.

"I got held up, how are you feeling?" He inquired, subtly changing the topic and I allowed him to because I had silently decided we'd talk about this later.

"It isn't as bad as it was before, but—" I tried to respond, but it was like I jinxed myself as a wave of pain took over my body.

I closed my eyes gripping the railing tightly, my fingernails digging inside the dark wood as I did my best to stop the bubbling scream that wanted to rip from my throat.

"Fuck." I groaned quietly.

Malik placed his hand against my cheek affectionately and I slowly opened my eyes expecting him to wince at the obvious heat my body emitted but he kept a straight face as he gently rubbed my cheek which helped me quite a bit as the deep ache disappeared, slowly.

"Are you not going to help her?" Kai asked him, but Malik didn't even spare him a glance.

"Where's your room?" He questioned me.

"5th floor," I replied and he shifted his gaze to the werewolves he came with.

"Tell Zemerah I'll be back tomorrow." He ordered them and they gave him a nod before they swiftly left the premises, allowing him to turn his attention back to me.

"Who's Zemerah?" I inquired, feeling curiosity and a hint of jealousy rising in my chest even though I didn't even know who the woman was to him.

"I'll tell you later, but for now—" With one swift move he lifted me into his arms, tingles spreading throughout my body. "—Let's focus on easing your pain."

I wrapped my arms around his neck to further this feeling, "I swear if you drop me I'm suing." He chuckled at my statement as he began moving up the stairs.

"I won't drop you, I promise." He assured me.

-

When we entered my room I thought he'd let me stand, but instead, Malik gently placed me against the bed and I noticed a frown appear on his brows, though before I could ask what the problem was, he spoke.

"Whose scent is on you?" Malik questioned me, seeming irritated and my brows furrowed, showing my confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

"I can smell a male's scent on the bed and on you. I know it's not your father's." He explained, looking deeply into my eyes, making sure I was able to see how much this upset him.

"My friend was in here and I had certain urges, but nothing happened since a guard announced your arrival before we had the chance to kiss," I told him truthfully and I watched as his eyes changed to the same light violet he had in his Lycan form.

"Does that anger you?"

"Of course it does Zaelah, I told you no one should touch you when I'm not here," Malik stated, expressing his frustration, though it was not heard in his voice.

"Then you should have come sooner, I was not going to sit in my pain all night because you can't show up on time," I replied.

I decided not to raise my voice as the emotion and truth held in my sentence should have been enough to express my feelings, and he gazed into my eyes for a few seconds while his orbs slowly shifted to their original colour, black.

"I'm sorry, I know I should have come sooner. Are you still in pain?" I nodded weakly as the second he mentioned the pain, it became more apparent to my body because my brain was no longer distracted.

"I am, but I can handle it," I told him while doing my best to keep my thoughts from straying like my eyes.

Anytime I looked at Malik I could feel my body longing for him—silently asking him to stop the heat building inside me.

What I was feeling for him right now matched his description of heat perfectly, I was yearning for him, the desire I had favoured one of a woman who needed shelter from the rain.

I wanted—No, I needed him and he knew it.

"What's on your mind, Zaelah?" He asked me with his deep voice that was filled with the same needy desire that was calling out for me.

"Nothing," I replied and this only seemed to bring out an amused smile on his lips.

"I can smell your arousal."

"And I can see yours," I stated when my orbs briefly glimpsed the imprint of his member against his pants as he brushed the braids that were covering my eye behind my ear.

"I won't do anything without your permission." He informed me which had me leaning in to give him my permission.

"Are you sure?" Malik asked me and I nodded, shifting closer to him as I did my best to make sure there was nothing between us except our clothing, but when I began leaning towards his wet lips he moved back slightly, causing sexual frustration to grow within me because I knew I could longer wait.

I wanted him to please me.

I wanted him to kiss me until we were both out of breath.

I wanted anything he'd give as long as it included his lips.

"Words."

-