Ch2- ...author has nothing to say

Hearing something breaking and rustling, Cale had looked away from White Star in caution and made eye contact with another person. White hair, green eyes. His eyes widen a bit. It was Clopeh, who had wide eyes with an extremely scary smile on his face.

'What the hell!' 'You goddam son of a bitch!' 'Fuck the Sealed God!' 'Why is that crazy bastard here!?'

Sealed God had previously said to Cale that he was the first to complete the test and he claimed he would even swear on his authority as a god.

'Fucking bullshit! He has no dignity at all!'

He has to focus. He pulled back his gaze away from Clopeh. He withdraws his indestructible shield and sent the whirlwinds toward White Star.

If there is one thing, he is happy about in a situation like this, it would be the fact that due to the God of Despair's attack, White Star was forcefully removed and did not have his Embrace undone in a relaxed situation.

It should be hard for White Star to get his bearing because the seal was removed with golden plaque breaking. As someone who fought against a complete White Star in the illusion, the White Star who couldn't even get himself together is nothing for Cale.

White Star looks physically fine as the dust from the explosion settled. However, Cale could see it.

White Star's true nature is laid bare in his now gorgeous red eyes. –Not that he knows his eyes color had changed.

– Look carefully.

The pages of the diary quickly flipped as he heard Drew Thames's voice.

The red leaves. Cale could see annual rings being drawn on top of White Star's body through fluttering leaves.

They almost looked like spiderwebs. They also resemble the ground when it cracked from being too dry.

"You dared to do it to me!" White Star was enraged. He attacked Cale with the sword of disaster.

However, Cale couldn't hear whatever the bullshit White Star was spouting now. He is now focused on one and one thing alone.

'I can see it' The lines were creating numerous circles. Large, small, thin, thick,... soft, rough...

'Ah!' Cale held back a gasp. Those lines are all time.

Similar to an ancient tree's annual rings, there were numerous circles, of different sizes and consistency based on the countless bodies he had reincarnated through. They were all captured in one big circle.

This large annual ring contains all those almost disgustingly amount of circles.

It was quite large but was ripped apart in multiple places and lost its form.

The annual ring from the life where he decided to become White Star in form of idolizing in the last dragon slayer village, his first life as Cale Barrow, where the curse started, had been damaged, ripped, and broken through his long life of 1000 years.

'It's really a curse'

White Star's largest annual ring would break completely in a few more lives and would crumble to the point where it will lose its function. Then, White Star will continue reincarnating without maintaining his identity, and his memories, all the while bearing the curse of his loved ones dying.

The curse would make him lose himself. 'How scary'

Cale, who learned the truth of his curse, looked into the eyes of his enemy eyes for the second time today.

Craaaaaackle–!

The fire sword of disaster headed toward Cale.

White Star, Cale Barrow, who established eye contact with his enemy, Cale Henituse saw something in his eyes.