Cale Henituse's unwanted adventure (3)

[How interesting.]

The man put his chin in his palm and stared at Cale, his posture leaning down slightly so that their eyes met in the air.

A pair of eyes; one black, and one gold, peeked through the veil covering the man.

A feeling of familiarity passed through Cale like a pang but he couldn't remember where this feeling come from.

Cale ransacked his memory but to no avail, nothing came up.

What was it? What was it that he was forgetting? Why couldn't he remember?

He licked his bottom lip.

He, too, was inevitably feeling nervous, facing this unknown situation in an unknown place where he had no control of. And to mock him further, he couldn't pinpoint what was wrong with his memory. Fate must be laughing to death at him.

Secretive Plotter was intrigued more and more.

Every move he made in this world line started because of simple curiosity.

He reached out to Kim Dokja and Cale Henituse because of simple curiosity, sending them his invitation to sponsor them.

Of course, normal constellations can't have two incarnations at once.

However, the point was, he was not normal.

Secretive Plotter was not normal. Wasn't it obvious? Who can play a lesser, however, still is, an outer god to death?

It felt unfamiliar to himself to feel excitement rushing through his veins.

...Okay, he could admit. His moves also involved a mix of boredom and hope, adding to curiosity.

What was so different about this regression?

Who were those three unknown people?

Though he would like to remove 'human' from that delinquent.

But the rest of the two were still humans, okay?

Kim Dokja, Cale Henituse, Rasheel, Lee Gilyoung, Yoo Sangah, Park Changmin, Seo Soo Yun, Han Myungoh.

They weren't supposed to survive.

And the culprits were those two– Kim Dokja and Cale Henituse.

Rasheel was an anomaly of his own, having strength impossible for a mere incarnation at the start of a scenario. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy at him. Didn't Secretive Plotter have to work hard to have a strength of his own?

Wasn't he burning in hell just to see the next day?

(Hell is empty; all the devils are here.)

Didn't he, having no choice, have to make choices that killed his own morals and part of himself over and over?

(He stared at his hands, why wasn't the blood coming off?)

Wasn't he drowning in guilt until all he could feel was indifference?

(It did more than terrify him when he couldn't feel a shred of guilt when he killed an innocent man.)

He had no one by his side.

No one could help him.

He couldn't accept those who longed to be at his side.

Everyone always forgot him; it was inevitable.