CHAPTER 3

Ntandokazi

I woke up, did my mini morning routine and changed in to my shirt and sweatpants from yesterday. I went downstairs and asked Samara to show me where the things stayed. When she left I started on breakfast and made Jungle Oats, I'm not in the mood to make a whole English breakfast. I was drinking some tea and waiting for the Oats when this woman came down the stairs. She was light skinned wearing a very long weave and a men's shirt. She had hips and sauntered like she knew it.

Her: Oh good, I would like breakfast made for two. Bring it up to Thando's room when you are done.

Aibo, is this girl out of her mind? I was about to tell her where to get off when Thandolwethu ran down the stairs in a suit shirt and pants. His shirt was half buttoned ngathi he was in a rush.

Him: Mbali! Uphambene? Didn't I tell you to stay in the room? Go get your shit and get out of my house!

He looked over at me and he looked kind of embarrassed. Me on the other hand, I've never been more indignant in my life! Thandolwethu has guts yazi, the audacity to bring girls to the house? I understand that he doesn't want me but he should respect me enough to hide these whores? UMbali wakhona went upstairs sheepishly. Thandolwethu buttoned the rest of his shirt.

Thandolwethu: I'm hungry
Me: Go eat uMbali.
Him: Sundiqhela. Ndizakuqhwaba imbeko ibuye

No because he did not just threaten me!

Me: Ungaphinde uthethe nam ngolohlobo, ndizakubetha k'lefloor ngoku. Ndijonge kakuhle. Rhaa!

He looked at me amused and walked past me to the stove. He opened the pot and scrunched his nose.

Him: Andiyithandi iOats.
Me: So why was it in your cupboard.
Him: Umama uyayithanda.
Me: Andazi ke.
Him: I'll eat something at the office.
Me: Ufuna abantu bathi umfazi wakho akakondli?
Him: People are small minded, kutheni kufanele ngikhathele ukuba bathini? And didn't you just say you don't know.
Me: Okay

Mbali came down dressed in a skimpy black dress and heels. She tried to kiss Thandolwethu but he pushed her away and asked her to leave. She huffed before she sauntered out.

Me: Mbambe Thandolwethu, okanye uzawa.

Thandolwethu chuckled briefly, before frowning again.

Me: You should smile more often, umbi xa uhlinile.
Thandolwethu: You talk too much.
Me: You frown too often.

He rolled his eyes and went upstairs. He came back with his laptop bag.

Me: Be careful with that thing I might just throw it out.
Him: Ndiyakoyika mfazi.

He gripped his bag tighter making me laugh. He took a apple from the fridge and left. I dished up some oats for myself and sliced a banana and added them. It tastes better than it sounds.

*******************************

Thandolwethu

I got to work and was about to ask my assistant, Faith to order breakfast for me when a delivery man came in.

Delivery guy: Order for Mr Thandolwethu Bhele.
Me: That's me, I didnt order anything though.
D.G: Well this is for you sir.

My phone pinged, it was a text from Ntandokazikayise. Naye her name is long.

Her: Andifuni abantu bathi andikuphekelo, yitya.

I smiled, wait why am I smiling? I don't like this girl. I signed for the delivery, talked to Faith about today's schedule then went to my office.