CHAPTER 16

|BLAST FROM THE PAST|

Ntandokazi

"General."
There's only one person who calls me that. "Lieutenant Colonel," I said turning to face him. I straightened my back and saluted him as he mirrored me. I shuddered and ran to him. "Don't cry," he said as he held me. "Y-you, h-how, -" I stuttered but I couldn't speak as I sobbed. "I'm here, I'm here," he cooed. I sobbed uncontrollably as he tightened his grip around me. "T-thank you," I managed to sputtered. "You're welcome," he said and kissed the top of my head.

×××

Thandolwethu

"Stop," Bones said grabbing my arm as I made my way towards the door. "I brought him here to work, not for a cuddling session," I said annoyed at my annoyance. "Are you jealous?" Bones asked and I saw a ghost of smirk on his face. "Uyahlanya? Of course not," I said and I felt my jaw tighten as he kissed the top of her head again. "Then let them be," he said and I rolled my eyes. "We've got work to do, my life - and hers - are on the line, we can't afford to waste time," I said and opened the door. "Sorry to disturb this tear jerking reunion, but we've got work to do," I said looking pointedly at Mondli. They hesitantly pulled apart as Ntandokazi wiped her eyes. "What do you have for me, Mondli?" I asked. "Spoke to my sources, no one seems to know anything about the hit on Muzi, least of all the one you say is being planned on you guys. Did some digging on who Muzi spoke to and where he went before he... and I didn't find anything. I'm sorry," he said and I sighed. Fuck.