54.

"Are you really leaving me here?" Genevieve protested as I locked her into a cell at the King's castle. "In this disgusting dungeon?"

"Yes, I am." I smiled, pleased with her reaction. "You are damn lucky that Henry offered you this because I would have just chained you to a tree."

"You would leave your human soul chained to a tree." She said, gripping onto the cell door. "Leave her to die?"

"No, and that's why you are here." I smiled again, feeling Ebony's call inside my chest. "Say thank you, Ebony."

"I will not." Genevieve spat at me. "I saved her! You should be thanking me!"

"Again, that is why you are in the castle's dungeon with every other creature who committed treason against the king." I looked around the empty dungeon and was met with silence. "Oh wait, they were all killed at the hand of the king, and soon, you will be as well." I shrugged, walking away from her. "Have a nice stay Genevieve." I closed the door behind me and heard her screams of rage fill the air.

"Are you ready to meet the troops, boss?" Vinnie said, standing in the hallway from the dungeon. "Woah, she sounds like she has settled in nicely."

"Yes, it's like music to my ears." I patted Vinnie's shoulder. "Anyway, let's go and meet your people."

"Boss, there is one more thing I need to tell you about the darkness."

The smile fell from my face. "What? Have you lost it?"

"No, nothing like that. We know exactly where it is.."

"Then what is the problem?"

Vinnie sighed. "The problem is where it is being held." His voice trailed off as he looked away from me uncomfortably. "It's being held in the.." He looked away from me so I couldn't hear him.

"Vinnie, just tell me," I said sternly.

"Ok, but you need to remember that I had nothing to do with this." Vinnie stepped back from me with his hands up in the defense position. "Please don't hurt me."

"Vinnie!"

"Ok, I'll tell you." He once again took a step back from me. "We have been hunting down the darkness for a few weeks now, and I found it thanks to Genevieve. Like I said before, but Bossman, the darkness is being kept in the vampire council chambers.."

"Excuse me? I was there a week ago, and I didn't see it. That's ridiculous." I shook my head, almost amused at his words. "I was just tortured at the hands of the council for housing Ebony and Cayden."

"I know, boss. That's how I knew you were alive. We have been tracking the council for years as they are shady as fuck, and well, that's when I found the darkness. It roams free around the building, but it is weak. Much too weak to take you on again, and it seems to me that the council is helping it." Vinnie shrugged, taking another step back. "I saw it with my own eyes, boss. Please don't hurt me." He begged as my eyes turned the color of blood. "Boss, I'm just telling you what I saw."

I have known the feeling of anger in my very long existence, but this feeling was on a new level. I was frozen with pure rage as I stared at a now terrified Vinnie almost cowering in front of me. My fists were clenched, and my nails were digging into the palm of my hand as I tried to stay in control and lose my temper.

"Vincent." I snarled under my razor-sharp fangs.

"Yeah, boss?" He said, shaking awaiting my next move.

"I suggest you leave me for a moment," I said, trying not to take my anger out on him.

"I like that idea, Boss. I'll go and find the others. You just stay here." Vinnie turned on his heels and ran as far away from me as he could.