7.

"Who is Carter Morgan?" Jake repeated, looking confused.

"Morgan, as in my last name?" Callan said, looking at Ariel. "What is he talking about?"

"I don't know? Do I?" I felt something inside me like butterflies in my stomach. Carter Morgan?

"Oh, my goodness. You don't remember him?"

"What did he say?" Jake said, putting his ear to the side of my head trying to listen.

"Carter Morgan, as in the most powerful vampire to walk the earth. The man who defended his world and yours and died trying to save you lot from his evil brother."

"Carter? Why does that name sound so familiar? Is he my uncle or something?" Callan said as he repeated the name Carter out loud.

"Ariel, what does this Carter Morgan have to do with me, and why do I not remember him?"

"Ebony Summers, Carter was your true love. Leon is not the man you think he is. This life you are living right now is a spell that was cast many years ago with the intention of torturing Carter. Leon used dark magic to create this world just for you three to suffer, and Carter has to watch from his prison cell in hell. He has watched and felt every single one of your planned deaths in this world, and it is driving him slowly insane, and without him to protect your world, it will surely perish."

"That is ridiculous." I laughed nervously. "You realize how crazy you sound, right? Is this some sort of practical joke? I mean Leon is the nicest guy I've ever meet, I've never even heard of this Carter guy and ..."

"He called you his sunshine."

I suddenly got a flash of a memory in mind as he said those words. I saw myself dancing at a ball, standing on the feet of a man with jet black hair and silver eyes.

"He told me to tell you that you will always be his sunshine."

My heart skipped a beat as I felt Carter's arms around me. His familiar scent and cold touch around me made me burst out with tears. "Oh my god." I cried as I pictured his handsome face smiling down at me. "Carter, my Carter! Oh my god, Carter!" I yelled remembering him.

"Ebony, What is going on? Who is Carter?" Callan said, looking very concerned.

"Callan." I turned to him and cupped his face with my hands. "Carter is your real father. This world we are living in is a lie. You were right all along. I remember everything."

"Carter is my father?" He looked baffled. "Ebony, what are you talking about? Leon is my father. You know that. I have never met this Carter before in my life."

"Tell him to listen to his instinct, not ignore it like he has been told. Carter is calling for him, but it is very weak."

"He said you have to listen to your instinct. Carter is calling you." I put my hand on Callan's chest and watched him as he closed his eyes. "What is he saying to you?"

Callan went quiet for a moment, and then he gasped loudly as he opened eyes. "I can hear him, but I can't make out what he is saying. It's just a muffled noise."

"He is calling for his son to step up in his place and fight the evil that threatens your world. He is saying it is his time to lead as it is Carter's time to stop fighting."

Tears ran my face as I heard Ariel's words.

"Ebony, what is it?" Callan said.

"He is telling you to take the lead and fight the evil that is threatening our real world."